Chapter 10: When The Mist Blows Away PT.2

Chapter 10: When The Mist Blows Away - Part Two

Markus is rooted in his place, his heart skips a beat. He immediately turns and heads back to the castle. The woman stops him once again.

"Wait, your highness!" she cries. "I know a quicker way!"

"A quicker way? To my castle?" cries Markus, confused, but too panicked to question it further. "Where is it, ma'am?!"

"I will guide you, follow me!" cries the woman. He follows her as she storms off into the city.

-

Jon and Emit are on the way back to the Capitol, hurrying across the countless dead bodies laying about, the blood, the flames, the tears, and, needless to say, the piss.

"I swear, if this entire battle is just going to be us running back and forth..." Jon says.

"We need to be at the castle before him." says Emit. "I don't know how fast he is, but I don't see him behind us... Bloody hell, he could already be there!"

"Why does it smell like rotten cabbage and eggs in here?" says Jon.

"Sorry!" cries another man at a distance, running while pushing a cart of repellent-smelling rotten cabbages and eggs. They both stare at him. "My wares are going bad and I need to clean up what's left of them! Please ignore me!"

"Is your leg alright?" says Emit, redirecting his attention to Jon.

"Yeah. It's fine." says Jon. "Are you sure we should leave Fangs behind? I'm worried about him."

"He'll be alright." says Emit.

"No, really... I think we should go back-"

"You gay for him or something?"

"What?" says Jon. "You're gay, fuck you."

"Come on, have a sense of humor, Johnny!" cries Emit, laughing slightly.

"How about you have an iron leg up your ass and run with it for a hundred miles in the middle of a history-defining war, see how that works for you."

Before they could speak any more, a large figure dashes past them, almost knocking them down, a destructive trail of flame and maniacal laughter following him as he heads straight for the wall.

"Shit!" cries Jon, shocked. "Hod! How is the motherfucker still alive?"

"He looks better than ever." says Emit, shaking his head in fear. "We need to pick up our pace."

"Is literally everyone going to be there before us?" cries Jon.

-

The young woman is taking the prince through various narrow, dark alleyways and across many poor streets. He starts to get suspicious, slowing down for a second, looking around himself, observing the area.

"Are you sure this is the way to the castle?" he says.

"Trust me, your highness, I would not want to mislead you."

Suddenly, a flashback starts hitting Markus in the back of his head.

"Do not fall for the sexy babes! Do not trust them! They are cursed!" Cries the underwear man from the clearing outside the Nexonish walls.

The woman's expression changes, she tightens her wide, pleading eyes to slits, and grins widely, as she pulls a knife out of her cloak and jabs at Markus, but he quickly grabs it and turns it around, roughly stabbing the woman in the chest. He looks her in the eyes, furious, as she takes her last breath, her life escaping with it.