𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓘𝓘

(CHAPTER TWO)

(CHAPTER TWO)

"BRITHA BRITHA!!" SEVEN YEAR OLD ALLORA LONGDALE CHEERS EXCITEDLY AS SHE wakes up her older sister by jumping on her bed. To say Britha was unsuspecting of the seven year olds entrance was an understatement. She slowly opens her eyes and meets eyes not with Allora herself, but Alloras little pet squirrel, Blossom that she owned chirped happily at her. It was then Britha realized Blossom was on her forehead, upside down.

Brithas own pet, Cattertail was watching from her dresser, a displeased expression is all over his face. A magical feline born from the Longdales birth home. When Brithas family moved to Elfhame they owned a large amount of them until they died one by one, Cattertail was the last of them, Britha decided to take him as a pet out of kindness.

Cattertail was a plump and hairy black creature. He had medium sized arms but tiny legs which he most of the time kept them loafed beneath his body. His tail was quite long and could almost reach the end of Brithas dresser. He was not too small but wasn't big enough to pick up either. And always had an expression of grumpiness he rarely showed a lot of emotion or reaction. He simply observed. In all short he was much like his owner.

With his hair it was much easier to hide in the dark and make his presence unknown. And had the talent of disappearing and appearing out of thin air. This frustrated Nyathera greatly she want to put some sort of magical charm bracelet that would prevent him from disappearing all the time but Britha went against the idea.

Cattertail was not stupid. She trusted his loyalty to her. She hated the idea of him being chained, bound to something he could not control himself, it was all too familiar to her. Magic was good but not all magic was good. That was her verdict.

Shes shaken once more from her thoughts when Blossom affectionally rubs their cheeks in greeting. Britha couldn't resist but give the small squirell a belly rub. She was quite cute. Allora smiles briefly at the sight. Facing her sister she speaks so fast Britha almost didn't hear the first time.

"I have something to show you before you head off to school this morning!" Britha looks at her sister curiously.

"A new magic trick?" Allora nods happily. She moves closer and gets comfortable on Brithas bed.

"I spent ALL night working on it. Didn't get a wink of slee- oops." She closes her eyes realizing the mistake of revealing her not going to bed. She then opens one and winks at her older sister. "Please don't tell?" Britha still too tired to care simply crosses her two fingers in promise. The younger girl smiles brightly and gives her a quick hug.

"Yay! When you are all dressed and ready meet me in the study room!" She and Blossom leave the room. Britha yawns. Allora enters the room again, the eldest Longdale doesn't know what else she could possibly say.

"Also don't tell Jaser because we are currently in a fight!" Not giving Britha time to ask why, she swiftly leaves the room again. Britha sighs once again as she dreads waking up. About to flop back down to rest some more. Cattertail leaves from his position from the dresser on to her bed and shifts his tail to lightly hit her face, as if to wake her up. Britha groans and glares at her pet.