𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓘𝓘𝓘

(CHAPTER THREE)

(CHAPTER THREE)

"MY WORD THATS AMAZING ALLORA, I AM SO PROUD." ALLORA SMILES PLEASED WITH HER FATHERS COMPLIMENT AS THE LONGDALE FAMILY ENJOY A COZY DINNER. Britha takes a sip of her glass of dragonfruit juice. The sweet taste simmering through her tongue. Jaser is next to her, he doesn't say anything as he listens to his father sing praises towards his twin. Blossom is nestled comfortable on Alloras hair, snoring away. Caris smiles softly as she sits across from her husband and Nyathera offers a cheers with her goblet of wine. Zox sets down a dish of deer meat in the middle of the table.

Relatively it was a calm evening with no trouble, however Britha can sense some tension in the air between her twin siblings. They haven't been able to talk to things out and she was sure Ember gloating over his daughter made it worse.

"Its amazing not only can you change the sizes of flowers and make them big or small but the colors as well? That is very much worth praising." Caris kisses her youngest daughter on the cheek. Ember nods.

"All of my children are just extraordinary talented. You all work so hard." He continues. Nyathera downs her wine.

"Well not a surprise, Longdales can never fail. Its in our blood to be best at what we can do." Britha puts a small piece of deer leg in her plate, she was used to that type of comment made by her grandmother.

"Yes but also a little practice works for everything." Caris kindly adds in. Britha takes a glance at her brother, Allora glares at him from across the table, clearly still mad at him. But he makes no move to look back. Britha nudges him slightly and he looks confused.

Clearing her throat, she begins to speak. "Its nice that you mention that step mother, Jaser has spent his good days practicing as well." Embers eyes brighten at that.

"Is that so?" Britha nods slowly, her brother straightens himself up in his chair.

"He's mastered on how to maneuver water from one glass to another." Jaser huffs proudly as his sister compliments him. "He also can manage it all in one go. His control has been getting better the more he practices."

"Ah ha definitely the key, control is all that matters." He begins to talk futher and futher. "If you don't end up having that thread of balance you can end up completely lost." Jaser nods really taking in his fathers words. But Britha couldn't help but ask.

"Do you mean control of just your own power or of others?" Ember blinks at his eldest's question.

"Well of course your own. It would do no good if it was others." Britha doesn't say anything after that. She looks at her own hand, her own blood. She can only wonder. Feeling a pat on her hand her father gazes at her with a message.