𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓥𝓘

(CHAPTER SIX)

(CHAPTER SIX)

WHEN BRITHA WAS SIX SHE DISCOVERED SOMETHING AMAZING. SHE WAS ABLE TO READ PEOPLES BLOOD LEVELS THAT DETERMINED HOW THEY WERE FEELING. If their blood levels were up that meant they were in terrible danger or stress or angry. Basically any negative connotation Britha could find. If they were low that meant they were at a mood where Britha didn't have to worry.

It fascinated Ember Longdale the minute she told him she could see his stress. He had come home after a long day of debate at work. When dealing with the High King it required a lot of attention from most and he found himself not home most of the time. He felt guilty, he was missing so much with his young bright daughter. But Britha didn't judge. Instead she went to give him a hug, as if trying to reassure him.

"Please don't be sad father. It's hurting me too." She said simply. They stay sitting down in the manor that consists of only Nyathera, him, Britha and Zox at the time.

Overtime Ember and Nyathera had continued to monitor the way Britha managed her magic. Reading the blood levels was tame. She did as she could, learned more of the histories of Elflame when she and Ember had the chance. But it was starting to become noticeable.

Ember never really spoke about her mother. Nor her Grandfather. So curious Britha had asked Zox, who went rigid. The Imp simply stayed silent. Knowing imps couldn't lie the Longdale witch caught it immediately and decided not to ask after that. Maybe they weren't as important as she thought. Ten year old Britha brushes it off as they continue to play cards as they usually do.

It wasn't until she was thirteen when she cut herself accidentally. It was only a papercut. She was in the manor library looking over an assignment from day class. She got too excited turning the pages and bam, there was blood. She moved her hand to wipe it, until she noticed movement of her blood. She thought she was tripping herself. Why was her own blood moving? She was able to do that? All by herself? Growing more determined, she tries to move the blood around, making a small bubble. Only with this new discovery she didn't share it with her father. She would keep it a secret for now.

Was it guilt she felt that she wasn't being honest with her father about her magic. She loved him dearly. He always made sure to look after her but she felt they were so many secrets, so many that he wasn't taking the time sharing with her and following through Nyathera and Zox weren't either. Taking matters into her own hands she snuck into her fathers study. The only thing she knew about her moth was that her name was Trista and she had left this beautiful firebird necklace for her daughter before she passed. Her grandfather they only bothered to give her his name. But when Ember told her his name himself it came out with so much distaste.

While secretly rummaging through her fathers things she finds a note. But before she could read it she felt Zox cleaning the staircase. Not wanting to be caught by the imp since her fathers study was right near it, she secretly snuck out.