𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓥

(CHAPTER FIVE)

(CHAPTER FIVE)

FINALLY THE SUMMER TOURNAMENT HAD CAUGHT UP. BRITHA WAS WAITING FOR THIS DAY. But she wouldn't let anyone else know it. It was being held on the edge of the cliff on Insweal the isle of woe. Due to them being a numerous group, Her family decided to leave a little earlier to get a good view when they chose their seats. Of course with her father being the master of alchemy he had no problem getting one. In fact they all ended up placing a row under the High King and his royal family. A crowd gathers around the tented box him and his family were to be placed. Eldreds, symbol Long cream colored banners whip through the air. A tree that is half white flowers, half white thorns with roots dangling under it and a crown on top. It shows the allied relationship between the Seelie and Unseelie courts. Last but not least the wild fey under one crown representing the regal Greenbriar Line.

The eldest son, Prince Balekin sprawled in carved chair, with three attendents behind him. His sister Rhyia nicknamed "The Huntress" sits beside him. Her eyes intently on the potential combatants below.

From the corner of her eye, Britha sees Jude straighten up a little.

"You're not planning to back pedal now, I hope?" She makes sure her voice is loud enough for the mortal to hear but low enough for everyone else. Jude simply gives her a silent look. Displeased the witch asked that sort of question.

Ever since they ended up leaving the mall that day there were awkward and short exchanges all around. It was lovely meeting Heather, Vivi's girlfriend. She had quite a personality and was not judgemental at all. Although it seemed Vivi still wanted to keep the fae realm a secret from her. Britha didn't know how it was going to work but it wasn't any of her business to pry. It wasn't until they all left that ended up in an altercation with nuisances ready to ruin the rest of their day.

Jude saw red. She ended up getting a good kick out of a pink haired boy with spiky hair. Britha didn't blame the mortal. It was clearly in her instinct. But she couldn't help but have a feeling that Jude enjoyed pummeling him more than she thought. She didn't question it.

Seemed from then on Judes mood began to sour even more. Of course she still attended classes and did what she was supposed to do. Still there was that feeling of caution Britha felt around the mortal during countdown of the tournament. And it didn't help when Cardan, of course the last straw of it, decided to do what he did best. Which was belittle those before him. He ended up making Taryn cry which caused Jude to shove him in front of some of her classmates, Britha was also amongst them and witnessed their slight altercation.

"Oh." Cardans mouth turned up slightly his cold gaze meeting Judes. "You're going to regret doing that."

Which brings them back to the lovely tournament. Tension was high all around. Everyone participating wanted to win this thing and prove to be the best. Britha notices Fand gather around some of her teammates no doubt giving them a pep talk to calm their nerves. Jude however still looks uneasy as she looks around. Britha tries not to mind the stares being thrown their way. With them being the only witch and mortal on the field, of course they would gain more scrutiny than most.