𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓘𝓘𝓘𝓘

(CHAPTER FOUR)

(CHAPTER FOUR)

A KNOCK ECHOES AMONG LONGDALE MANOR AS BRITHA AND ZOX BOTH LOOK UP FROM THEIR CURRENT CARD GAME. Zox gives the witch across from her a look but Britha responds with a shrug just as confused. She didn't know who would knock around this hour as the family didn't get as many visitors in the first place. She sets her card down and opens the door, She tries not to show a look of surprise when she is met with a certain mortal girl.

Jude jumps slightly at the sound. She then gives the Longdale witch an awkward wave. "Hey."

"Um...hi?" Britha didn't know why it came out as a question but she was grateful Jude glossed over it.

"Cool house." Jude compliments as she gestures to the manor. Zox peeks from around the corner. Britha senses the imp and makes sure to cover the sight of Jude with the door. She didn't need the imp bombarding her with questions.

"Thanks. I would let you come in but its kind of a whole mess right now." She didn't want to lie but she really didn't want anyone snooping in her house at the moment.

Although she didn't have to worry about Jude being oblivous about it as she gave her a small smile. "Its okay you don't have to lie. I get it." She shrugs.  "Its awkward when a girl you barely even know visits your house for no apparent reason."

"I mean, we did have lunch together twice." Britha points out as if trying to sound helpful. She sees the mortal girl crack a small smile at that but it leaves the second they meet eyes again.

Jude clears her throat. "Do you have any plans today?" She asks innocently. Britha really needed to think about, it was a Saturday and she didn't think she needed to go over anything with her family or members of the Court Of Shadows. Really half the morning she spent her time hauled and playing cards with Zox. Her father was out golfing with Caris and she was sure her siblings and grandmother were still sleeping. It was a somewhat of a chill day.

"I mean its a Saturday surely you shouldn't be too busy." Jude continues. Britha lets out hum at that. The Duarte girl wasn't wrong. But she wondered what she came over to her house for. Surely not to chat and sip over some warm tea?

"No, I don't so." She mumbles, she then blinks and realizes the girl probably didn't hear her too well. "I mean no I don't think I have anything planned for today." She clears up. Jude nods.

"Well..cool. I mean not cool but-" Its awkward again as the girls avoid eye contact. They both thought they were really bad at this.

"Look, do you want to join me, Taryn and my older sister Vivi today? Vivi basically dragged us out of bed to go to the mall....in the mortal realm." Britha raises her eyebrows at that.

"Brave." Jude lets out a sound of agreement. "Tell me about it."

"I also just wanted to use that as an excuse." Britha gives Jude a questioning look.