Part 5

“Okay, I don´t want you to panic now but some friends of mine are outside and I´m gonna let them in. They don´t exactly like people like you and they probably won´t say very nice things to you but I won´t let them hurt you, okay?” Harry explained as calmly as he could with his hands on the hybrid´s shoulders. Louis shifted slightly as he glanced towards the door, he swallowed heavily before he gave a small nod. Harry smiled encouragingly as he patted Louis on the head before he went to open the door.

Niall, Zayn and Liam all glared at him as he opened the door and Harry sighed as he opened the door wider.

“Hi guys.”

“Where the hell have you been, we haven´t seen you in weeks!” Niall complained and Harry scratched the back of his neck.

“Uh yeah… I´ve been pretty busy with work lately.” It wasn’t really a lie, but it wasn´t exactly the truth either.

“You always say that!” Niall exclaimed and he pushed past Harry and walked into the flat, Zayn and Liam followed him and Harry closed the door with a sigh.

When Harry got into the living room all three of them was staring at his sofa, or more like who was on it. Louis was sitting pressed up against the corner of it, eyes wide and body shaking with fear.

“Harry… what is that?” Zayn asked breaking the deadly silence and the hybrid flinched.

“A uh… hybrid?” It came out as more of a question than an answer and Harry mentally slapped himself over the head.

“What is it doing on your sofa, in your flat?” Niall asked through gritted teeth.

“He´s my…job, sort of.”

“I  thought your job was to hunt them down, not keep them in your flat.” Niall spat and the hybrid flinched again.

“Well this one´s a little special, I have to keep him here with me until he´s perfect so Simon can sell him.” Harry explained as he looked pleadingly at them and Liam relaxed a little as he sat down in one of Harry´s armchairs. Zayn glanced at the hybrid for a few seconds before he sat down in his other armchair, Niall didn’t look very convinced though.

“Hybrids can never be perfect, they´re freaks of nature.” He said as he sat down next to the shaking Louis, Harry wanted to protest but decided that it was best not to say anything at all.

“Does it talk?” Niall asked, his eyes glued to the hybrid.

“No, he doesn´t.” Harry answered crossing his arms over his chest.

“Are you sure he´s a real hybrid? Maybe he doesn´t talk because he doesn´t want to be discovered.” Niall speculated and Harry rolled his eyes at the ridiculousness of it all.

“Niall, I´m-“ He started but he never got the chance to finish because before he even had the time to react Niall grabbed Louis’ tail and yanked. Louis screeched as he frantically tried to get away but Niall still had a tight grip on his tail.

“Niall! Release him, now!” Harry bellowed and Niall let go of the tail in surprise, Louis immediately scrambled away from Niall and down the hall.

“What the hell man!” Harry exclaimed as he glared at Niall and threw his arms up in frustration. “Why the hell did you do that?!”

“What? I was just checking to see if it was bluffing or not.” Niall said shrugging, Harry stared at him completely baffled.

“Well you didn´t have to almost pull his tail off for Christ sakes!”

“Oh come on, I didn´t pull that hard, he´ll survive.” Harry glared at him but he didn´t say anything, arguing with Niall was like arguing with a brick, you didn´t get very much of a response.