Part 6

It was raining, a lot, Harry couldn’t have been more bored than he was right then and to make things worse Simon had given him a few days off, despite Harry´s protests. Louis however was ecstatic about the fact that Harry would be staying home with him, now Louis wouldn´t have to be alone in the flat which the hybrid clearly hated.

Louis had gotten more and more attached to Harry as the days went by and Harry had no idea what to do about the situation. Nick, who had been over a few more times thought the whole things was cute and told him that Harry should stop worrying so much all the time, what Nick didn´t know though was that Harry was turning equally attached and that was an even bigger problem.

Harry was sitting on the sofa, doing a bit of paperwork which he rarely did, seeing as the weather was so crappy there wasn´t much else to do. It was raining heavily, the sound echoing through the flat and the wind was blowing like mad making his windows shake, other than that it was quiet. He hadn´t seen Louis in a while, he guessed the hybrid was exploring the flat or taking a nap somewhere.

Now that the hybrid felt more sure of himself around the flat he had no problem wandering off alone, as long as he knew Harry was somewhere in the flat.

Harry sighed as he leaned back in the sofa, the smattering of the rain against the roof distracted him and the wind had just gotten worse, Harry sighed in annoyance, it sure would be one hell of a night. Suddenly lightning struck making the whole room light up and the thunder roared, Harry could feel the whole flat shake with the force of it and Harry jumped in his seat as a shriek came from somewhere in the flat.

Seconds later Louis came running with a panicked look on his face, he jumped up into the sofa making Harry drop his papers in surprise, the shaking hybrid buried his head against Harry´s stomach and Harry looked down at him shocked.

“Louis?” Harry stared at the hybrid´s small shaking form questionably, he ran a hand through Louis’ hair and he peaked up at Harry, his eyes scared and moist.

“What´s wrong love?” He asked quietly, Louis whimpered as he glanced towards the window and then back at Harry.

“You afraid of the lightning?” He asked and the hybrid nodded, blushing in embarrassment, Harry shushed him as he stroked the frightened boy´s cheek.

“It´s okay, loads of people are scared of lightning, it´s nothing to be embarrassed about okay?” He murmured and Louis nodded slightly as he pressed closer to Harry.

“How about I warm some milk for you and then we can watch some crappy movie before we go to sleep, that alright?” Louis mewled as he nudged Harry´s stomach with his nose, Harry smiled softly as he got up from the sofa and walked into the kitchen.

When Harry returned minutes later, a cup of milk in hand Louis was curled up on the sofa patiently waiting for Harry to return.

“Here you go love, just be careful, it´s pretty hot.” He warned as he handed Louis the milk, he sat down beside him and when Harry grabbed the remote Louis glanced up at him.

“Don´t worry, nothing scary, I promise.” He promised, the hybrid seemed satisfied with that because he leaned against Harry´s side, a relaxed look on his face.

They settled for some old episode of Friends and when Louis had finished his milk he crawled up into Harry´s lap like he usually did, Harry smiled down at him fondly as he reached out to scratch behind the hybrid´s ears. The kitten ears fluttered happily and seconds later Louis started to purr quietly, Harry hummed as he kept scratching and Louis squirmed in his lap, fully content with the situation.

Suddenly Harry got an idea, he looked down at the purring hybrid and he looked up at Harry questionably.

“Hey Louis, I´ve been thinking and… maybe you could learn how to talk? I mean, have you tried?” He asked, careful not to sound demanding. The hybrid blinked up at him in confusion, nibbling on his bottom lip with his sharp teeth.