CHAPTER 5

The roar of the bike came to a halt as a certain school came into view. Wei Zexian took off his helmet making everyone swoon as his long legs strode inside the school with the elegance of a nobleman. He directly went to his cabin and put the helmet there and then fulfilled his duty of greeting the parents and welcoming the kids. As all the kids settled down, he clapped his hands and brought everyone's attention on him.

"Today, we will be hearing a story about the ant and the grasshopper ." He said in a energetic voice which reverberated inside the walls of the calls and the kids cheered as they also were excited to hear the story. He smiled and revealed the dimple on his cheeks, which was rare to be seen and was reserved for kids.

"Okay, okay. Quiet down. I'll read the story." Not only did he read the story but really told it. He changed his voice for different characters and made funny faces. The kids laughed along with him. His way of telling the stories was unique, he had a way to grab everyone's attention and the detailed explanation helped the kids to let their imagination run wild as they imagined along with him.

After he completed the story, he put down his book and addressed everyone,

"So, what did we learn from the ant?" He asked with a small smile on his face. A lot of small hands were up in an instant. He picked a random kid who cutely stood up from his seat and said, "We should always search for food." His smile widened, "That's true. By searching for food it means that we should work hard so that we can take care of ourselves by buying food which is very important for our health. Anyone else?" Though that was not the correct answer, as long as the children learnt a good lesson, he always encouraged them.

He even made everyone clap for the kids who gave the answer. The classes were fun and interactive and everyone enjoyed giving answers and really used their brains.

After the day ended, many parents came to pick up their kids and only two kids were left. One was Shen Rui and the other kid was Du Qiu.

"I'm really sorry Teacher Wei, is it ok for you to cover for me?" Teacher Song said. She felt guilty that she always keeps asking for favours for him. She asked him to take care of Shen Rui and she also asked him to stay in her place. She never asked him, but he offered and it was one tempting offer as she had been gushing about meeting her husband after a week as he had gone on a business trip. Wei Zexian didn't mind. He had no one waiting for him.

The three of them sat together in the classroom, as Wei Zexian took out his tablet, he asked the two kids to sit down and draw something to pass their time. He had completely forgotten but the boy whose painting was ruined by Shen Rui was none other than Du Qiu, although Du Qiu did not bear a grudge, he still wanted revenge.

Carrying his notebook and crayons, Du Qiu waddled over to Zexian and tugged at his pants.

"Yes, QiQi." Zexian smiled, Du Qiu was one of the popular students, a complete sweetheart to teach and was lovingly called QiQi by the teachers.

"Help me draw, Teacher Wei." He extended his crayon and Wei Zexian could never say no to this little bun who waddled so cutely and asked him to help him draw. Aagh, it was really too cute for him to handle.

"Alright let's sit down and I'll help you draw." The pair sat down on a bench, well only Qiu sat down on a bench, Zexian was too big to fit and so he sat down on a mat with his legs folded. Du Qiu opened his notebook and Wei Zexian held one of the crayons and the pair just doodled on the pages.

Seeing the happy atmosphere between the two, Shen Rui was angry beyong reason. What right does that kid have to monopolize his teacher, although Shen Rui doesn't know such big words, he could feel it. Du Qiu quietly looked at him and smiled in his heart. That day, even though his painting was ruined, Teacher Wei treated him so well, he also wanted his teacher's attention.

Wei Zexian rubbed his head as the kid tried to copy the circle he made and almost succeeding in making a circle. Du Qiu's eyes lit up as if he'd won a trophy. Shen Rui absolutely could not handle this but he didn't know how to make his teacher give attention to him and so he sat in his seat, sulking and pouting.

Wei Zexian was no fool, he'd noticed this long before and chuckled in his heart. Who knew that he could be so popular with the kids. After drawing some more with Du Qiu, he told him to draw a triangle a few times as he got up and squatted beside Shen Rui who decided to not look at him. Zexian sighed, this kid was really good at sulking. But he didn't mind, he didn't mind coddling him or appeasing him, rubbing his soft head, he picked up the crayon.

"Let's draw together, Shen Rui." And it didn't take much but the kid was happy. He nodded like a chicken pecking and picked up his own crayon.

The rest of the time went by in a blur, the two kids didn't want to sit together and so Wei Zexian had to alternate between the two kids, giving them attention time and again. In the end, their parents came and they left. Du Qiu had waved him goodbye before he left and hugged his dad, Shen Rui clung onto his legs, rubbing his snot and tears, complaining that he wanted to go home with teacher. Zexian was at loss, really what will he do with this kid who refused to leave him and clung onto him.

While Wei Zexian went to his cozy home satisfied. He was unaware of the big drama that he had started back at his home and he didn't know how he had become the light of the family with just one phone call.

When Wei Wuying heard about the whole story from his younger son and saw the evidence with his own eyes, he couldn't help but shed a few tears. Why did that bastard have to bear it all alone? Why did he not say anything?
.
.
.
.

AUTHOR'S NOTE :

I would say our protagonist would look similar to the guy in the picture 🤌🤌

How do you guys imagine him?