CHAPTER 9

As promised by Shen Xue who was going to pick Wei Zexian up from his home, the man arrived on time. Not one minute late or early.

Wei Zexian opened the door and smiled lazily, being around kids, he had thought that he had lost his touch but seeing the flustered of the young man in front of him, he smirked in confidence. Wei Zexian was dressed in navy blue shirt and white jeans, which showed his physique, the shirt fit perfectly but it was a little tight around his biceps and his chest, which didn't go unnoticed by Shen Xue and the said male felt even more embarrassed by his wandering eyes.

He opened the door wider and a head poked out from behind the tall man, it was Little Rong, who was also wearing a blue top and white shorts. Little Rong looked adorable matching his dad and even looked proud, if that was possible since he was only a little kid.

"Y-you look very handsome." Shen Xue said in a small voice. "Xiao Rong too." He added after a while.

Why does it feel like something is not right?

Shen Xue ended up taking him to a cafe, although there is nothing wrong with going to a cafe, the tables all around them were filled with lovey dovey couples. Both RongRong and Shen Rui were being entertained by the butler which left the two males alone.

"I don't know what you like so I bought you here."

Really, what is this atmosphere?

"Thank you for your consideration, Mr. Xue but I only wanted to discuss about Shen Rui."

"....oh"

WHAT IS THIS REACTION?

Are they on a date or something?

Did this man think that Zexian was going to propose to him or what?

Zexian ignored his abnormal reaction and continued, "I don't mean to blame Mr. Xue but I'm merely speaking out of concern."

"Did Shen Rui make a lot of trouble?"

"Yes and no. Shen Rui makes trouble to get attention." Zexian tried to frame his words in a way that wouldn't offend the man sitting in front of him, who was listening to him in such rapt attention.

"I know work can be time consuming and ultimately your goal is to provide for your family but I think you're absence is affecting Shen Rui. I'm not asking you to leave work, just spend some time with him, on weekends or whenever you're free. Listen to what he has to say and maybe play with him. I think that would help him a lot."

Shen Xue kept quiet for a few moments, "I understand. I've made a mistake, I'll be more careful now and try to be close to Shen Rui."

Wei Zexian smiled politely and leaned back in his chair. Both the males felt awkward as they didn't have anything to talk about. It felt more like a date than parents teacher meeting.

"Isn't there anything else you want to say?" Shen Xue urged with a slightly hopeful eyes.

"Not really." Although Zexian said that, he couldn't help but notice a slight moment of yearning in the man's eyes, but it was gone in a moment, it was the first time that Wei Zexian looked at the man properly and his eyes stopped at the mole his eyes. The same eyes with a mole that was all so familiar to him. And he quickly averted his eyes.

The 'date' ended quiet peacefully and he never really interacted with Shen Xue anymore, only greeting each other politely whenever Shen Xue would come to pick up Shen Rui from school.
.
.
.
Wei Zexian walked towards his home. Ever since Little Rong had barged into his life, he has almost stopped using his bike, with the fear that it wasn't safe for the kids. But it wasn't unpleasant, the town was small and the area he lived in was quiet and the air was fresh.