CHAPTER 11

Being obsessive sounded like so much work but he had no choice, he cannot risk being labelled as a bug in the system. In the original plot, Zhen Liang found out about Bai Ru from his co-workers, he did not meet her as often since they worked on different projects. Bai Re had already accepted a minor role in a historical fiction movie, even cleared out her desk and handed in her resignation.

Ok, that's a little too fast for someone who 'accidentally' caught the eye of the director.

Currently Zhen Liang was in an aquarium, his company had two departments for advertising, one advertises and promoting local places like aquariums, Zoo etc and the other department collaborated with producers and directors to promote luxury brands. Bai Ru worked in one such project and was lucky to be picked by Luo Wei for his upcoming movie.

Zhen Liang had found many discrepancies in the storyline and he didn't know where to start.

As he was looking at all the photos that he had clicked he heard the giggles of many kids. The place he was currently in was visited by all kinds of people and many nearby schools took their students to this place for a visit. This was one of the days that the kids were taken for a visit here.

"Luckyy~" Zhen Liang smiled a little and walked in the direction of the kids. Rather than approaching the kids, he decided to talk to the teacher who was with them. From afar, he could see the slim figure of the teacher. It was a girl who was thin and was a head shorter than him, she looked young and quite overwhelmed by the energetic kids.

"Excuse me" Zhen Liang put on his boyish smile and tapped on the teacher's shoulder. The teacher turned around and smiled, "How can I help you?"

"I was just wondering if you could lend me a pen and a paper. I'm in the advertising department and was hoping to sketch a few ideas before I forget them."

"Ah, of course. Of course."

Zhen Liang thought about his end in this life, it was fine if he didn't go exactly as written in the plot, like in his last life he ended up not spending the night with the female lead and instead went home. Still he was found out and kicked out of the house, the bigger actions had to be fulfilled, only small actions would come into fruition even if he went against it. Let's say if he kills more time here than going to the office and having a breakdown, it doesn't matter, he absolutely cannot go against going to jail. He has to go to jail and it doesn't matter how or else the world will collapse and he'll be labelled as a bug.

Even he doesn't know as many bugs or what exactly happens to them but he knows that they are eliminated as soon as they're caught.

While he was busy with his thoughts, the teacher had already fished out a pen and a paper for him to use which he accepted with a small smile.

"May I know your name?" Zhen Liang asked the lady.

"Oh, I'm Xie Na."

"Thank you for the pen and paper, Xie Na." The girl blushed a little and squeaked out a small welcome.

"C-can I see what you're drawing-" Her ears went red and she panicked "-if it's not weird. I'm interested in drawing myself but never gotten around to actually doing it and I admire people who are good at it -"

"Of course you can." Zhen Liang cut off her long speech with a firm smile and found a seat near where he was standing. Seeing this the teacher who was even more embarrassed sat down beside him. She kept an eye on the kids who were spread around the area but still within her reach. The kids have toured the aquarium, now they were just in the garden behind the aquarium with lots of swings and slides, where they were spread out.

Zhen Liang skillfully started drawing, he first started with a rough outline of the scenery. Although the kids enjoyed their time outside, they also were aware of their surroundings, especially their teacher whom they interact with everyday.

"Say Luo Ming, who is that guy the teacher is talking to?" A small girl whose hair was in a ponytail poked the boy near her while looking in their teacher's direction.

"He is quite handsome. Is he her boyfriend?" The girl blushed as she spoke in a hushed voice and looked at her teacher and the man like she had seen something she shouldn't see.

"I don't think so. The teacher said she loves me." Luo Ming pouted and without thinking much stomped his way to the odd pair who had just met.

"You are a good artist." Xie Na pointed out to which Zhen Liang only chuckled, "I guess you could say that."

Seeing the small boy stomping his way towards them, Xie Na looked at him worriedly. Xie Na was a sensitive woman, she often worried for her younger brother and that nature seeped into her job while looking after the kids. While many kids would find that annoying, some kids like Luo Ming who was planning to marry her when he grows up would never think so.

Thinking that the little boy was only playing as she also saw some girls follow him, Xie Na didn't say anything and kept an eye out on other kids.

Luo Ming decided to see for himself what the other man was doing and he ran around and stood in front of Zhen Liang, looking at the page that the man was holding. Luo Ming was so sure that whatever the man was doing would be far worse than what Luo Ming could do but his confidence dropped when he saw the sketching. The man in fact drew the kids playing around and it looked serene and peaceful and although a kid couldn't understand such complications, the emotions of the sketch couldn't be missed even by a kid.

Seeing the flustered look on Luo Ming's face, the girls who were following him rushed to his side and were awed looking at the sketch. Soon Zhen Liang was surrounded by a lot of kids but he didn't really interact with them. Some boys even climbed on the seat and draped themselves on Zhen Liang's shoulders while peeking at the sketch and he only patted their heads.

On the other hand, Xie Na's eyes were unfocused and steam came out of her ears and she waved her hands in panic, "D-don't disturb him, that's a bad habit."

"It's fine, Teacher Xie. You've helped me a lot by giving me a pen and a paper, the least i could do is entertain the kids."

"I-if you say s-so"

Zhen Liang was done with the sketching a long time ago but all the attention that he got from the kids made him draw a few more sketches. The kids were so inspired by him that they even wanted to draw while sitting beside him.

The girl with the pigtail who first noticed him sat beside him, to whom he gave a small piece of page where he drew a flower. She was overjoyed and he was met with many hopeful stares of girls and even boys. The bench they sat at could only hold so many people and so a lot of kids who wanted to sit beside him pouted and fought with each other, clinging onto his thighs.

Luo Ming who had considered Zhen Liang as his rival, was the first among the guys to outright demand a flower from him.

When Zhen Liang knew that he couldn't possibly draw anymore, he stood up reluctantly and dusted his pants.

"I had a great time with the kids." Zhen Liang said and returned the pen to Xie Na, who also smiled politely. She was much more comfortable around him as she spent an evening sitting beside him enjoying both his face and his drawing, her heart was at ease.

"Oh, I didn't get your name."

"It's Zhen Liang."

"Where do you work Mr. Zhen. Ah, I don't mean to sound weird or creepy. I just really liked spending time with you- I mean the kids loved being around you and were on their best behaviour- if maybe we could meet again. I mean, I'm not asking you to take care of the kids, it seemed like you really like them also- and - and -"

Zhen Liang chuckled, "I hope to meet you again, Teacher Xie."

"Y-yeah"