Nightmight (MHA Ship)

For those of you who know me, you know that I'm someone who kins Kiyotaka Ishimaru...unfortunately that means it was only a matter of time before I found myself doing the same with Sir Nighteye.

Now, just to get it out of the way, while I find this ship incredibly comforting, it has nothing to do with personal feelings towards All Might like my other comfort ships. Don't get be wrong, I think he's lovely. He's adorable, he's a fucking dumbass, I want to hug him so badly...but god is he wildly unfuckable. Don't get me wrong, I've seen the art, I understand what simps think, but lord I could never take that voice seriously in bed. Villain AU, maybe, but as it stands, no not at all.

No no, the reason I find this ship quite comforting is because I'm a real sucker for friends to lovers. I think that is one of the sweetest tropes you could ever give me. I love it so much because I find it really relatable given what I personally have experienced in my love life and I want to see people who really love and understand each other be able to express that fully when taking the next step forward. And they are friends, Toshinori and Mirai are very good friends, but it is ultimately their strong desires to help that lead to their "falling out".

I relate a lot to Mirai because I do know what it's like to want to help someone but every attempt is pushed away. That lack of a proper conversation, an explanation as to why, leads you to just becoming so frustrated because it feels like you're just being ignored. It's their own stubbornness and determination that leaves too much unsaid because they either don't know how to express it or they're scared it'll only make things worse. Toshinori understands he's hurt Mirai but doesn't know how to approach that conversation.

...and I love this ship because I love seeing them happy. These two mean a lot to me, they were characters I considered favourites very early on. I think they're wonderful together and have the potential for a very good dynamic. A shame fan fiction seems to forget they had a good ten solid years of friendship before fears and martyr syndrome kicked in. They both deserved to have the closure of a proper conversation. I love them, truly, and I want them to be happy together. It pains me every time this series reminds me of Mirai...

Also, I'm very offended that you people looked at villain Toshinori and didn't pick nightmight. How could you ignore the best villain dynamic like that??

My Rating: 🌕🌕🌕🌕🌑