Erasermic (MHA Ship)

So...for a while...I didn't have an opinion on this ship. Like, I always thought it was cute like most ships I've seen and don't have feelings for either way, but I never particularly cared about it.

And then something happened...

Yes, the unthinkable, Present Mic breached the requirements and became my My Hero crush. How'd he do that? Who knows, but he's here now and I love him. I had already held high opinions of Aizawa before this happened, so naturally I was thinking about him more as well, since it's a little hard to disconnect the two no matter what context you're talking about them in.

So we end up here. What do I think about their relationship in a romantic sense? I think it's absolutely adorable. It's practically the embodiment of the sun x moon concept which, honestly is usually hard to make interesting, but their shared past brings substance to their dynamic. I'm a sucker for ships that have a lot of potential for angst or hurt/comfort and this is ripe for such things. Shared trauma, fears of loss, dangerous line of work, villain AUs?! I mean it's practically perfect for all the things I love writing! Not only that, but with their nearly twenty years of friendship, they'd be so incredibly attuned to one another with a deep understanding and care because they've been able to watch each other grow throughout that time. And I always love a good friends to lovers story that explores concepts like extreme attachments and connections that go deeper than their other friendships.

At first I didn't think much would come of my love of Yamada, but I can't deny that I've grown heavily attached to this ship. I may or may not already have over a thousand photos of them...and plan to get more...

I'm not obsessed, you are.

My Rating:
🌕🌕🌕🌕🌕