Chapter 16

"No .... I already said no so many time so please , don't push me " Pooja went to change her clothes as she just came back after a very critical surgery and here her best friend is already standing on her head.

"What the h*** Is this Pooja, it's been 5 years now. Move on and live your life without any regrets please." For the nth time Jennie was requesting Pooja on this.

"Jennie, you know right? I was a coward. I ran away, from my problems, from my family, from friends, from my country, from my responsibilities and from my LOVE.
I can't go back now" it's been 4 days since Jennie was trying to make Pooja understand that she should go to India as it's rakshabandhan next in two weeks.

"Since five years, you haven't tied rakhi to your brother. He cries in his room every rakshabandhan. He don't even let avni and pallavi tie rakhi to him.  Your brother's wrist is empty Pooja (Tere Bhai ki kalayi suni hai Pooja)".

This thought Hits me hard everytime I think about it.
My Bhai, the person who could go to any extent for me.
For him I was not his sister but his life and what did I do? I snatched his life away from him. But i couldn't do anything, I had to do this so that they live peacefully.

"You are going back or not?" I came out of my thought when Jennie held my hand and turned me to face her.

"No" i know she was expecting this only but still her face gave away the pain she felt for her fiance i.e. my brother.

I went out of the house. I needed fresh air so badly and nothing can keep me distracted with these thoughts other than my passion.

It's not like I don't wanna go back to India but how can I? I didn't came here for a vacation, I ran away, I was a coward. I don't deserve their love. I got to know about Neil's condition after I left , I did that to him. I almost break that sweet boy. Thanks to Aditi who helped him to get back to normal. I never met her but i bet she must be an angel.

Now after five years i don't want their lives to turn upside down with my arrival.
Even I am not ready to face them.
No , i can't go back.
That is final.

***********************

India
*******

"Avu, do you think bhai will celebrate this year?" Pallavi looked at avni with a little hope in her eyes .

"You really think he will celebrate rakshabandhan without Pooja? Come on pallu di. You know him better to ask that stupid question" avni was already having a bad mood and this question made her realise that rakshabandhan is in two weeks and her brother will vanish again for two days. She craved for her brother from five year back who used to shower them with so much love on rakshabandhan and so many gifts ofcourse.

"But you know, i felt that he is recovering from pooja's disappearance. So i thought maybe he would celebrate this year. I mean come on dude , it's been five years. He can't live in illusions, right?" This made avni's eyes go wide and mouth hung open.

"You can't be serious pallu di. How can you even say that? We all know what Pooja means to bhai. We all know that he will choose her above everything in this world." Avni knew that pallavi was just frustrated cause tej was snatching their rights to tie rakhi without their fault. But still how can she say something like that about her sister?

"Oh please avu, do you think i don't love Pooja? I do. But atleast we should think practically. It's been 5 years, all these years we never celebrated a single festival with complete dedication and happiness. All these years there was a feeling that we are missing out something or someone to be precise. How much more? Till when we will live like this?" With each passing second the atmosphere was heating up.

"What happened to you pallu di? Are you alright? Why are you talking like this about our sister?" Avni was holding back her tears cause she didn't want to show her sister that she hurted her but she don't know till when her pregnancy hormones will hold up.

"Cause she is the reason why we are in this situation. She is the reason we are fighting here like school kids. There was no proper reason for what she should have ran away like a coward but guess what? She did. She made all of us so miserable and must be happily enjoying her life somewhere"

that was it, avni's delicate state couldn't take anymore. She collapsed on the couch and tears started to stream down her beautiful brown eyes. Her palm cupped her mouth resulting a muffling sound.

It was then pallavi realised what blunder she did and immediately held avni close to her heart.

"Avu calm down..calm down avu please. Take deep breaths please try to calm down please baby . Avu see we all love Pooja but it's been 5 years and no one knows a thing about her whereabouts. It's not like we didn't tried to find her. But i can't see my family bearing the pain they don't deserve." Pallavi took avni to her room and made her lie down. It was giving her a trauma as well. She had two beautiful and intelligent sisters and she was so proud of them but now look at her.
One is laying there in a delicate situation and another one is missing since 5 years. She was so afraid of the future , who knows what more they are going to face now.

--------

Pallavi and avni was sleeping holding each other unaware of the Strom they created in that two persons who were already blaming themselves for this miserable condition of the family.

Tej walked to his car and drove to his house. All the way back home the conversation his sisters had was roaming in his head.
He went there with their rakhi's gift but heard the things he would have preferred to die before hearing.
But that one line was constantly ringing in his mind " he is recovering from pooja's disappearance"
Am I really getting habitual of my angel's disappearance?
How can I do this? I am such a bad brother. I hate myself more now.
No ,i can't let this happen. My angel comes before each and everything.

On the other hand in behel mansion, there was someone laying in the garden under the roof of stars regretting each and every mistake he made which ended up snatching her away from him.

Aaj phir guzri ek raat tere intezaar me,
Teri baahon ki vo subah na jaane naseeb ho na ho .

                       ------ Pooja (krishnaa❤️).

******************************

Hey everyone!
How are you all?
Next chapter is bringing some adventures 🤭😉
Be ready.

Love
Krishnaa ❤️.