Chapter 18

She pushed the person away who had stopped the oxygen supply to her organs by closing her mouth as well as nose.

"What the hell Jennie? You wanna kill me?" She said after getting much needed air to her system only to be hushed by Jennie who again closed her mouth with her palm.

"For God sake shut up..... Will you?" Jennie replied. She was not cheerful as usual though happiness was evident in her eyes but she looked panicked.
Wait
Panicked?
Why?

Soon pooja's unasked questions were answered when she heared a voice she longed to hear for years.

"Jennie.. who's there?" They saw a confused tej rushing to them.
By god's grace there was a partition of a crafted wall through which they saw tej but he couldn't see them.
Not clearly though.

Before Pooja could process something she was pushed out of the house by her dear friend.

She was so shocked to even move, standing in front of the door staring at the brown wood her mind was occupied with thousand of questions.

What is her brother doing here?

How come he is in London all of a sudden?

Why didn't he informed Jennie about it?

Maybe he know that she is here,
Maybe or maybe not?

She was horrified at the thought of facing her brother. According to her tej must have thought that she is a coward, or maybe that she ran away with a lover. All these thoughts were making her sick.

On the other hand Jennie was afraid of tej being suspicious. When you hide something you are afraid of even a pin falling down.
Secrets are hard to hide.

"Who was at the door?" Looking at tej's eyes she knew if she looked at them she will make a blunder.

"Someone was asking for address" avoiding any eye contact she replied and that was her biggest mistake.
Tej caught her chin between his thumb and index finger and made her look at his eyes.

"Someone came to ask for address at fifth floor? Do you think of me as a child love?" Ofcourse he was smart enough to know that whatever his fiance said was a lie.

"What do mean? Am I Lying ?" She jerked her chin and tried to look pissed off.

"Yes, and you know this won't work on me." He pulled her to him and looked directly in her eyes and she knew there is something wrong and that's when she saw something in his hand.

He bought the piece of paper actually a photo up in front of her.
His eyes were brimming with tears and the betrayal he got was now evident in his eyes.

"You thought you removed every belongings of her? Aww my love you failed to hide this picture of her graduation day. " The situation was now out of the hands. She knew nothing can be done now. She will have to reveal everything to him.
Before she could say something tej said

"I will ask you only one question.
Why? Why did you do this to me?
She was here, She was staying with you all the time when I was finding her in India like a madman. You knew in how much pain I was. You saw that , right? How can your heart not melt at that? How could you do this to me? Now I doubt if you ever loved me or not " before he could say further he felt a burning sensation on his left cheek.

"How dare you? Just like that? You questioned my love for you just like that? " That's when he realised what he did in aggression.
He tried to touch her face when she backed off.

"No... Don't you dare touch me. You think what you suffered was the worst? You think you are the best brother by crying out loud for your sister? No tej Sharma no. Just telling her that you are with her in every situation is not enough, where were you when she was suffering alone? Where were you when she locked all of her emotions and traumas in her heart? Where were you when she was alone in that so called family of yours ?
What? Have no answers for my question?
You were out there building your business.
Building your relationship with the love of your life whom you accused just now. You were running away from your own trauma of loosing your parents that you never realised she was also a victim of destinies cruel game." Right now tej was frozen in his place. All the accusations were so true to be denied. Why did he never thought about it?

All he could say was " I am sorry my love, but I am so vulnerable in front of you.I admit I hurt you, I am really sorry. I was blinded by my anger but right now I can't think of anything except Pooja. Please I beg you, please take me to her. Please " even though Jennie was mad at him she was thankful that he didn't enquired any further, ofcourse she doesn't want their relationship at stake plus he was looking so innocent like a child asking for a candy.

**************************************
Anurag's POV
***************
The aroma of steaming hot coffee was filling my nostrils as well as the hall of my house.
House and this coffee
They reminded me of that certain blackish brown eyed girl who managed to be more than a friend to me in these years.
She is more like this coffee, it's aroma is so soothing. Still not healthy but so addictive.
And this house, I have been living here for so many years since I came here from India but it never felt so quite , empty I don't know when did I started craving for her presence with me in my house as my...
Before my thoughts can go anywhere further the door bell rings.
Ughhhh
Whoever it is , must be the foe of my love.

As soon as I twisted the knob opening the door, I cursed myself for saying stupid things without thinking.
But my heart ❤️ fluttered .

Now, how can she be the enemy of my love?

******************************

Why do I think tej and Jennie's scene was more intense than the main lead themselves?😁

Love
Krishnaa ❤️.