Chapter 20

All their life people run away from what they fear the most but at the end the fear consume them completely.
If it is bound to happen why don't we try to overcome our fears and traumas?
Why do we keep running when in the end all we do is just watch the game of fate?
Isn't it wise enough to fight our inner demon?
She believed all of these words but couldn't apply in her own life.
Maybe that's why they say
"EASIER SAID THAN DONE"

She was looking at her plate while her brother served her sitting beside her.
On the next chair there was Jennie and anurag in front of her looking clueless as always.

Even after feeling tej's strong stare and Jennie's worried glances she couldn't gather the courage to look up and face tej.
But her heart keeps screaming to just jump and hug her brother and cry out every insecurity.
Cry out for all those years she spent without his care, love and him babying her every single day.

But she couldn't.
They were almost done with the dinner when tej served her
KHEER ( an Indian dessert) and she melted there. She sobbed slowly, digging her head as low as she could.
She bought her shaky hands to the spoon and took a spoon full of kheer.
The moment the sweet dish touched her tongue, her whole childhood started revolving in her head.
She burst out crying and jumped in her brother's arms.
Tej immediately wrapped his arms around his crying sister .
Stroking her hairs he tried to make her calm and stable.

After what felt like an eternity her breathing calmed down but she continues to stick to her brother.

Jennie felt like she would cry any moment now and about anurag he was...............
You know.

This time tej knew what he had to do .
He was not going to confront her instead he will comfort her.
This time
He wants to be a brother she could tell anything instead of being the over protective and possessive brother.
Though his protective nature is not going to change but he will make sure she does not feel intimidated by this.

He slowly stroked pooja's hairs and said
"How is my laado doing?"

The very first sentence she heard from her brother for her.
She couldn't help but thank God that her brother is not bombarding her with questions.
She understood that tej felt she needs time and she will eventually tell him the reason when she wants.
But she felt sorry for her brother cause the reason will burn with her after her death in her final rights.

"Let's go back home" he said caressing her hairs.
"H....Ho..Home?" The way Pooja was so hesitant to even consider India , the country she could die for as her home made tej think what things did his sister went through.

No one said anything after that.

Just like Indian siblings you know.
They don't talk much
They are not good at uttering comforting words to their siblings
But trust me on this they are the biggest support pillar of each other.

*****************************************
Shaheer's POV
***************

I woke up on my bed. My clothes same as yesterday.
My brother's dropped me here I guess.
I don't remember what I did yesterday but again I would have done something stupid.

I changed into tracks and went out to jog.
I need to clear my mind.

I don't know but I feel a strange satisfaction today.
A different kind of happiness that I didn't felt since five years.
I was running without thinking what my destination is. When is looked around I found I came a long way from my home.
Home?
This word sound strange sometimes.
I have a house and a family.
They loves me a lot. I know.
But every night when I leave my office I couldn't get enough courage to go to that house being sober.
The walls their, they haunt me.
But here , under the sky ,it's refreshing.
It's early in the morning and everything here reminds me of her.

I used to tell her " baby, you are like the early morning I want to witness every day i wake up. I want you in my arms always." I still remember the way she curled up in my arms , blushing, hiding herself and the crimson colour on her cheeks.

This soothing morning breeze. The dew drops on the tree leaves and soft rays of sun.
Everything feels beautiful.

I was so lost that I didn't noticed that something so soft just bumped into me.

I looked down and found a little cute girl looking at flowers scattered on the road.
Oh gosh
Her flowers fell down because of me and some of them even got crushed by people stepping upon them. Can't they see before stepping on those precious things.
I bent down to her level and the sight made my heart pained looking at those big innocent eyes filled with tears.
She was silent.
She didn't cried out loud but I can hear her sobbing.

I took hold of her little face and wiped her tears.
"I am really sorry dear, because of me your flowers fell down" she looked up straight in my eyes and tried to smile.

"It's okay sir, I will collect them." Oh my God. Why is she so innocent?
This little girl's innocence reminded me of HER. Again.

She started collecting the flowers while her sobs turned into hiccups.
I helped her collecting them though I know I did a huge blunder for her.

I took out my wallet and forward some notes of 500rs.
I should pay for what I did.

She looked at the notes and then she looked at me shaking her head in denial.
How can she be so selfless at this age.
She must not be more than 10.

I again bent down and asked her"what's your name?"

She looked hesitant but still answered in a low voice.
"Nishi"

"Such a beautiful name of a beautiful girl. So Nishi because of me you had a loss. I should pay for it , right?" I tried making her understand.

"But sir my mother says if you don't give anything to anyone, you should not accept anything as well." I have to accept, her mother is giving her a good upbringing.

"Okay then, give me a flower. This way you can take this. Right?" Suddenly her face lit up and she looked at me instantly forwarding an orchid towards me.
Chuckling at her cute gesture I accepted the flower and gave her the money.

"Sir, this is orchid. It symbolises good luck. I wish you a very good luck and this , this is a tulip. You know tulip flowers symbolises love, I wish you get the love of your life soon and if got already, you live happily ever after with her " she said forwarding a tulip.
Only if you know lil baby.

"And how do you know all these miss?" I asked her poking on her nose.

"My friend in school told me when I asked him about meaning of every flower. His father have a flower shop as well." She is such a cutie.

"Then why did you not went to the school today?"

"I have school at 10 am. So I will sell flowers as much as I can till 9 am and then I will go to school and will give these flowers to my parents and they sell them " the way she was telling me all these with all the gestures of her hands.
I felt so happy looking at this innocence of hers.

I bid bye to the little girl.
And now it's time to face the reality.

*****************************************

We are going to get shapoo scenes soon 😌
How do you feel about it?

And how was this chapter?

Please tell me

One more thing
I want a new cover for "JUST LOVE"
If someone is free and can make it
Please tell me

Love
Krishnaa ❤️.