Flashbacks

Kyle's Pov:

The bell of our last class rang. We all discussed the party plan with our batchmates and posted stories on Instagram. Raya suggested that our group should stay in a villa for two days since it would be the weekend, so I made arrangements and booked a bar for 200 people and a villa for our group near a beach. 

After dropping Maryn at her home, I got to my bungalow. As I stepped in, the memories of my mother laughing in this very hall and playing in the garden with me when I was a child came rushing back to me, and I became hollow from the inside as the realization slapped me fucking hard that she is no more and without her, this will never become home, it will always be a house. My eyes became cold and distant as I didn't let any feelings control me. Over time after my mom's death, I attained self-control and a cold attitude. 

For the outside world, I am still the Kyle I was. But I know how much my cheery attitude and happiness have died since my mother's death. My footsteps echoed in the empty hall as I climbed towards my room. After quickly taking a shower, I changed into a white shirt and black pants for going to my mission. 

FLASHBACK OF 7 YEARS BACK  (10-year-old Me) :

I was watching my favorite cartoon on TV in the hall beside Dad who was ready in his dark blue suit, sitting on the sofa and waiting for Mom to get ready so they could leave for candlelight dinner. I didn't hear once that Dad was urging Mom to get ready fast. My Dad is a very patient and lovely person. 

Mom came into the hall, wearing a matching dark blue gown with white shiny stars embedded in its boundary. Dad got up from the sofa and his mouth was hanging open in amazement and admiration as I chuckled at his reaction. I cheerily went to Mom's arms and said, "Mom you are looking gorgeous, magnificent, beautiful, lovely, and sweet. You are the best. I love you." She laughed and kissed me on my cheek while saying, "I love you too my baby Kyle." 

She then looked at Dad with her eyebrows raised and asked, "Are you not going to say anything about how am I looking?" Dad said while pointing a finger towards me, "Your boy didn't quite leave me with any words to compliment  you." 

She laughed and then turned to me with a concerned and commanding look, "Kyle, complete your homework before I come home, and be a good boy." I asked with a puppy face, "If I will behave like a good boy, then will you bake a cake with me tomorrow?" She smiled and said in her sweet tone, "Sure, love." 

After completing my homework and brushing my teeth like a good boy, Mrs.Bennet ( my caretaker ) tucked me in my bed.  

The next morning, I got up and went to Mom and Dad's bedroom only to find it was empty. I got worried and searched for Mom but she was nowhere to be seen. When I reached the hall, I saw Dad sitting on the sofa, his face in his hands. He slowly looked up at my side and motioned for me to come and sit beside him. I did. He put a hand on my shoulder and said with sad eyes, "Kyle, baby, you have to stay strong and listen to what I am going to tell you. Okay?" I nodded. He said, "Sweetheart, god has taken your Mom with him. She is no more with us. She met a fatal accident." 

I heard that and started crying, not letting anybody touch me. 'This can't be true, mom will come and we will bake a cake today', I thought this whole day. It was Mom's funeral in the evening and I refused to go to Mom's funeral and accept that she is dead. Maryn and her mom came to my bedroom, their eyes red and puffy like mine. Maryn hugged me and we both cried in her mom's arms. 

2 YEARS BACK WHEN I WAS 15 :

Dad was having a serious conversation on the phone in his office. I was passing by his office when I heard him shout, "Yes, and we have to find that motherfucker who killed my wife." I wasn't able to process anything. It is a lot for me. What?!! The murder of my Mom?!!! Who?!! Why?!!!!! So many questions occupied my mind but what blinded me the most was the rage inside me after hearing that someone murdered my Mom. 

Without giving any warning, I barged into the office and as I stepped in, he cut the call. I directly looked at my Dad who was frowning and I asked in anger, "WHO KILLED MY MOM?" My Dad looked worried but he was in anger too, I could sense that, the anger we both needed for an act of revenge. Dad warned me to stay calm because he was going to tell me a harsh truth. I nodded because, at that moment, I could have accepted anything. 

Dad stated in a powerful tone, "I, your father, Alfred Turner, is the Mafia Boss of one of the biggest mafia, THE TURNER'S. That night, when your Mom and I went to dinner, a secret attack was planned to shoot me. But, as your Mom saw someone pointing a gun behind my back, she turned me while hugging me and took the bullet herself. My bodyguards caught the shooter but I lost your mother and my soul." I tried to process every word as he began to speak again-

"I got the information out of that shooter and gave the most painful death to him and his boss. But now, after so many years, I found out from my sources that the shooter replaced himself with his partner and he gave me the wrong information that led me to a small mafia leader which I killed", Dad explained with a sigh. 

I said while thinking of some things, "Dad give me a minute. And don't tell anyone that I know anything related to our Mafia."  He nodded in agreement, giving me the silence to think and form plans. 

I looked him in the eye with clear motives, "I WANT TO SECRETLY WORK IN THE DARK FOR 'OUR' MAFIA WHILE YOU WILL LEAD. I WILL FIND THE KILLER OF MY MOM AND GIVE HIM THE MOST PAINFUL DEATH MYSELF. I WANT YOU TO TRAIN ME AND TEACH ME ABOUT OUR MAFIA." I completely made it clear that I don't want to argue any further on this topic. Dad agreed and started giving me the most painful training and the best knowledge ever that I required to secretly lead in the dark. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey Smartiesssssssss, 

Pheww, this was a long chapter. But this was important to understand what would happen afterward. Thank you for taking out time and reading this sooooooooooo longggggggggg chapeetttteeerrrrrrr..... 

Keep giving your love to this story and give it a star + comment so that I get motivated to write more chapters.