x.

CHAPTER TEN
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

"I used to float. Now I just fall down. I used to know, but I'm not sure now what I was made for. What was I made for?" Quinn sat in guest room. He had held up his promise, and Cherry was currently fast asleep in his room. Quinn has recently found an outlet for his thoughts, and it's writing songs. So, here he is now at 6:49 singing the song he finished writing.

"Taking a drive. I was an ideal, looked so alive. Turns out, I'm not real. Just something you payed for. What was I made for?" Quinn felt that lyric very deeply. He compared his NHL contract to anyone and everyone else's whether they were better or worse than him. He really is something they paid for.

"'Cause I, I, I don't know how to feel. But I wanna try. I don't know how to feel but someday I might. Someday I might." As he strummed the guitar, he felt a sense of relief wash over him in a way nothing else could create the feeling. The birds softly chirped as the sun slowly started to rise.

"When did it end, All the enjoyment? I'm sad again, don't tell my girlfriend. It's not what she's made for. What was I made for?" This was the lyric Quinn had decided to base the song around. It was running through his mind and he came up with a melody for it, and the lyrics started spewing out of him after that.

"'Cause I, cause I, I don't know how to feel. But I wanna try. I don't know how to feel. But someday, I might. Someday, I might." Quinn felt like he was a balloon getting the air taken out of him. But not quickly when the balloon flies out of your hand. No, it felt slow and comforting.

"Think I forgot how to be happy. Something I'm not, but something I can be. Something I wait for." The dark-haired boy was very focused on this line. He wanted it to feel like a hug after the sad song. And, it did feel like that for him. "Something I'm made for, something I'm made for."

Quinn set the guitar down. He hasn't slept all night, but now isn't the time to do it in his eyes. Cherry might wake up soon and he needed to be awake for when she would. But he did lay back on the pillows that seemed more comfortable that he had thought.

QUINN SCRAMBLED UP. He fell asleep for almost three hours, it's almost ten o'clock now. He hurried down the hallway to his bedroom to find the bed empty. He mentally cursed himself for falling asleep. You would assume his nerves eased when he saw Cherry in the kitchen making breakfast, but it didn't.

"Cherry, you can't be up and around doing things like this. If you wanted food, you could've asked me, baby. Please go sit down." Quinn tried to take over the eggs and bacon the brunette was making, but she didn't let him. "Cherry, c'mon."

"No! I can do it my-fucking-self!" She pushed the defenseman back. Quinn took a look at her glistening, water-filled eyes. He didn't know why she was upset, but he could assume he was at fault.

"Ba-"

"I said I can do it myself!" She yelled. Quinn took a step back. Space. That's what she might need right now, and if she wants to make breakfast, he has to let her. But then again, she did just get out of the hospital. He said he would take care of her.

"You just got out of the hospital, Cherry. You shouldn't be doing all of this right now." The dark-haired boy gestured to the egg pan in front of Cherry.

"I'm not a fucking kid!" She threw the spatula that was once in her hand was now halfway across the island.

"I never said you are, b-" Quinn tried to say.

"Don't call me baby! Jesus fuck! I can't deal with this anymore. Just take me on the fucking date already!" That definitely made Quinn upset, but he didn't yell at Cherry, no, he spoke softly.

"You don't mean that." Quinn spoke, his voice deep with the slightest amount of shake to it only someone close to him would be able to sense.

"Oh, I really fucking do." Cherry states before taking a step back. She furrows her eyebrows together before steadying herself by putting her hand on the counter.

"You need to sit down." The upset defenseman states. She protested, as he knew she would.

"I'm fine."

"Sit the fuck down, Cherry." Cherry shook her head at the stern man in front of her. Quinn shook his head at her stubbornness. She's always been this way. Independent.

Quinn walked toward the girl, stopping right in front of her. He shakes his head. "You're so goddamn stubborn." He then wraps one of his arms around her torso and picks her up over his shoulder.

"What the fuck!" Cherry started hitting his back and kicking her legs. "Put me down, you ass!" The boy being in the National Hockey League hardly felt a thing when she hit his back, he's taken much harder hits before.

Quinn sets her down gently on the couch. "Don't move." Cherry rolls her eyes before sitting back on the couch. She was livid at the man finishing breakfast in his kitchen. Of course her heart swooned at the thought of him wanting everything to be perfect, but why couldn't he just explain that to her before instead of making her feel unbelievably embarrassed?

He came back into the living room with a plate of eggs, bacon, toast, and salt. He brought the entire salt shaker into the living room. "Thanks." She mumbled as he handed it over. He left her alone in the living room as she ate.

Once he came back, Cherry was too busy watching Harry Potter to notice the clothing in his hand. "What's that?" Cherry questions pausing the movie.

"Yours. Be ready by five." He handed her the black clothing.

"What?" Cherry questioned. She held up the outfit. It was all black, and it looked really nice but she knew it was nothing she owned.

"You want that date, don't you?" Cherry looked back at the man, but he was already halfway down the hallway.

author's note:

HEHEHE IM EVIL

i have major writers block with the story after like... chapter seventeen. i'm working on another wattpad tho so i hope you guys don't mind this one being discontinued for a little bit