xii.

CHAPTER TWELVE
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

THE REST OF DINNER WENT PERFECTLY FOR THE PAIR. Now, they were walking down the streets of the city. It was oddly deserted, but then again, it was December. They walked hand-in-hand in comfortable silence except for the clicking of Cherry's heels with each step she took. Quinn followed behind her through the only crowded area they've seen tonight. Their fingers remained interlocked as Quinn followed the girl.

Instead of remaining on the main street, Cherry took a turn for an alleyway. "Are you kidnapping me?" Quinn asked with a smile on his face as his looked at the woman he was hopelessly devoted to. She was high off of laughter with the most gorgeous smile painted on her lips and her laugh was the most deserving of a Grammy. Instead of responding, she just giggled and pulled Quinn through the alley.

"I feel like I'm in a scene of Scream," Quinn spoke while Cherry continued to laugh and lead him through the alley. "Like, I'm getting the sense I'm about to get- holy shit." Cherry stumbled to a stop, as did Quinn. Cherry had led them to a back street that had a beautiful view of the city. Of course, Quinn was more focused on the outstanding view to his left.

"How'd you know about this?" Quinn asked as he walked toward the end of the sidewalk near the brick fence. He stared out at the city before him. The dark-haired boy has always loved the city even if he's seen it a million times. "It's beautiful."

"Yeah, it is." She responded softly. But she wasn't looking at the view before them, no, she was looking at Quinn. The soft reflection of the city lights in his eyes, the street lights casting a yellow glow onto his face, that was the most beautiful view Cherry could ever see.

Cherry walked up next to Quinn. "Can I tell you something?" Quinn glanced over at her before she nodded.

"I'm so in love with you, it hurts." He speaks while looking at the city and water before him. Cherry watched as he spoke, as his temples and jaw moved with every word.

"And, I... you might think I'm crazy for that, but you don't understand how I really feel about you. And I don't think you can, because I'm spent my whole life trying to put it into words. I... I could be loved by everyone in the world but you, and I know it wouldn't feel nearly as filling as being loved by you. I, I could be hated by everyone in the world, but if you- when you did, it was the worst feeling I've ever experienced." He spoke.

He turned to her. Cherry couldn't decide if his eyes were shiny because of the city lights or if they were glossy. Either way, she knew she was about to get lost in them. His eyes were a maze the brunette never wanted to leave.

"I don't know where we'll be two years from now, but I do know, I want whenever that is to be with you. I will follow you anywhere if that means we could be this close forever and ever." Cherry softly smiled at the words he spoke. He knows exactly what to say to swoon his girl.

"I could be homeless and on the side of the street, but as long as you're there to keep me Company, I'll be the happiest man alive."

"But wouldn't you want Katie to keep you company?" Cherry teased.

"No."

"She would be upset to know that, though." The brunette replied with a giggle.

"She'll just have to know that I have been, am, and will always be yours." Cherry just smiled. She smiled and she looked at the man in front of her. It spoke a thousand words that words never actually could.

Then, Quinn tucked a few loose strands of Cherry's hair back behind her ear. Her hands gravitated to his chest as she leaned in. He beat her to it by placing his thumb on her chin, the rest of his hand underneath it. He gave her the lightest, yet, most loving kiss he's ever given her.

It was filled with love, joy, warmth, and happiness. It wasn't rushed or eager or hungry, although Quinn couldn't deny he was all three of those things. But most importantly, it whispered three words into Cherry's head.

You are home.

It took her a second to decipher the words. Is she home with him? Or is she home to him? She felt like it was a bunch of both. She's never felt safer or happier with the man in front of her. The time they spent apart only made her fall more in love with him whether she wanted to admit it or not. She knew sooner or later she wanted him back in her life again.

Cherry settled on an answer. She is his home. She is the four walls he will never have to apologize for being himself in. The four walls he'll always be able to feel loved and safe in. The four walls that will provide him comfort in hard times. The four walls that he will be able to let himself cry in.

Cherry kissed him just as lightly to let him know that he was her home, too. The four walls she could unapologetically be herself in. The four walls she could scream Taylor Swift lyrics in. The four walls she could rely on to keep her safe. The four walls she would know they would never leave.

Cherry felt someone wet fall onto her arm. She looked up and realized it was snowing. The brunette has always been obsessed with winter. The lights, the trees, the cheer of everyone she was around, but most importantly she adored the snow. Everyone she knows definitely knows how much the adores snow. She didn't care if she was freezing, she just loved the soft white flurries that fell from the sky.

"Quinn! It's snowing! Oh my god!" The biggest smile grew on her face as she jumped with excitement. It was the first snowfall of the year, which made Cherry even more excited.

Cherry looked up as the flurries fell. She stuck her tongue out as she tried to get flurries to fall onto her tongue. "It's freezing, Cher!" Quinn said to the girl. Yes, he despises snow, but if it made his girlfriend - which he was over the moon he could call her that again - happy, he would have to put up with it.

Quinn watched as the brunette took of her shoes. With a sheepish grin, she handed them to Quinn. He dangled them in his hand as she started running back through the alleyway. Quinn began to follow her. Her laughs of pure joy echoed through the alley.

"Come on, Q!" Cherry said in between laughs as she ran fearlessly ran down the street, that was completely empty now.

"Wait, Cher! Stop!" Cherry listened to Quinn as she stopped running breathlessly. Despite the confusion on her face, the smile never left.

"Remember this moment." This, in this moment, they felt infinite.

author's note:

I SAID REMEMBER THIS MOMENT IN THE BACK OF MY MIND i throughly enjoyed writing this chapter so i hope you guys like it, also.... I UPLOADED MY NEW WATTPAD!!!!

eat water and drink food 🫶🫶