They Can't All Be Happy

It was the Saturday when they were all supposed to meet. Logan came over early to help Lindy get ready. He laid out some snacks while Lindy cleaned up.

When the buzzer went off to let her know someone was at the door she froze so Logan went to answer it.

"Garrett." He smiled. "Hey."

Garrett grinned. "Come on, I know it's been a couple years, but let's not be awkward about it." He chuckled.

"Right." Logan nodded. "Uh, come on in. Snacks are on the table over there."

Garrett walked past Logan and went over to see his favorites along with Delia's and Jasmine's. "Heh, nice to know you two still know how to put together a nice spread. Got all our favorites here." He smiled at Logan, then his eyes met Lindy. "Hey, long time no see." He commented as he walked over.

"Yeah." Lindy smiled. "Hey stranger." She joked. "How have you been, Garrett?"

Garrett stood in front of her awkwardly, then he stepped forward and pulled her in for a hug. "I've been doing good." He pulled back. "How have you been?"

Lindy tried to hide her blush. "I've also been good. I'm a veterinarian assistant now. I work almost all the time."

Garrett nodded. "That's good. I work a lot too. I'm a technician at a large app company. It's an up starter, but I already make over ten thousand a year."

"Wow." Lindy couldn't help feeling impressed. "That's amazing, Gare."

"Thanks." He forced a smile. He couldn't believe he just used his introduction to pick up girls on Lindy Watson.

"Dude, that's so cool." Logan said coming up behind his old best friend.

Garrett turned to Logan and grinned. "Yeah. I'm in line for a promotion soon."

Logan frowned, then he forced himself to smile again. "I always knew you would make it big." He commented.

"Thanks. What do you do?"

Logan scratched at his neck. "Oh, um, I am in between jobs at the moment."

Garrett snickered. "Isn't that what people say when they can't hold down a job?" He said rudely then he frowned.

Logan frowned. "Actually I got laid off recently, but I don't like to talk about it."

Garrett sighed. "Sorry, I didn't mean-" He was cut off by the sound of the buzzer. "I'll uh, get the door for you."

"You don't have to."

"Well, it's bound to be either Jasmine or Delia, right? If I remember correctly you guys were the ones who actually fought. I just got pushed out with you."

Logan frowned. "Pushed out?"

Garrett didn't answer. He walked over to the door and opened it. "Party girl?"

"Business man." She responded. "Gonna let me in?" Jasmine asked harshly.

Garrett stepped to the side. "Sure."

"Jasmine." Logan gasped. "You look.. um, you look nice." He smiled.

Jasmine immediately found her way to the snack table and grabbed a bottle of wine. "Lindy, mind if I take one?"

Lindy was a little taken aback. "The whole bottle?" Before she could respond Jasmine opened it and started drinking from the bottle ignoring the concerned glances from her ex-boyfriend and his sister, her ex-best friend. "Uh, sure."

Lindy bought a few bottles not knowing how much her old friends drink, but seeing Jasmine grab a whole bottle for herself made Lindy wish she didn't buy any alcohol at all.