Pt.8 Nothing Sentimental

Y/N's POV

It had been at least four hours since the "incident." I was now sitting in my room hanging out with my AI.

I purposely got home before Miguel and made dinner for the two of us. I of course ate my dinner in my room just so I wouldn't bump into him. I cleaned everything too and just left him a bowl of pozole in the microwave.

It's not that I didn't want to talk to him or see him, it was just more of I didn't know what to even say. I wasn't sure I could even look at him.

As soon as we finished our "fun" in his office I got dressed and said "Bye Buddy." Who the fuck says that to the person they just had sex with? I guess me apparently. But Miguel was awkward too, he gave me like a goodbye forehead kiss but leaned in really awkwardly. I think it's safe to assume he hasn't had any in a while either.

"Y/N, when are you going to program me new outfits?", I heard my AI whine at me, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Are you asking for a fashion show?", I asked Loki AI teasingly.

"I am asking to not look like a commoner.", he said with a scoff.

"I'll start working on them right away my lord.", I said rolling my eyes. I opened up my laptop and started programming new outfits for Loki AI to wear.

"What do you think about this one?", I asked him. The outfit was black converse, black jeans, and of course, I included a black Red Hot Chili Peppers hoodie.

"I said I didn't want to look like a commoner so instead you made me look like a street punk.", He said looking at his outfit distastefully. I let out a laugh knowing he would hate it.

"I think you look handsome, but alright I'll change it.", I entered in a new outfit for him. Within seconds he was now wearing traditional Viking garb. I could already tell he wasn't a big fan.

"I'm not going to a costume party.", he sighed.

"Alright I can see you don't like the first two. I'm certain you'll like the third outfit.", I smiled at him. He rolled his eyes in return.

"Now presenting, the King of the Jotuns!", I said triumphantly as my AI was now wearing black and green suit.

"This is what I wanted.", Loki AI said looking down at his outfit with content.

"I knew what you wanted. I just felt like messing with you.", I laughed.

"You forget my darling, I control a majority of your things. I can mess with you at any time.", he said with a wink. Of course I managed to make the Loki AI exactly like the real thing. And of course I also gave him free will so we wouldn't be unequals. After all, I did create him to keep me company.

For a minute all I could think about was how lonely it was after I left. Back on my home earth I had Loki, Miguel, the Avengers. Then I had to leave everyone.

I remembered the beginning of Spider Society. I was supposed to be a part of it. Miguel wouldn't even have Spider Society if it wasn't for my technology.

Now I was back with Miguel and nothing was remotely the same. He was my mentor who then I became equal too, then we became enemies, and now we just crossed a line neither of us should have.

I was consumed entirely in the past until I heard a knock on my door. I was so zoned out I didn't even sense anyone walking down the hallway.

"Come in.", I said to the person knocking who I knew of course was Miguel.

"Hey. Can we talk for a minute?", he asked as he slowly opened the door.

"She's busy. She's programming me some new outfits.", Loki AI interrupted. I gave a small giggle. It reminded me of when real Loki and Miguel would bicker on my home earth.

"Oh great. You again.", Miguel sneered at the computer program.

"We can talk. Loki please go into sleep mode.", I said to my AI with my hands together indicating that it was crucial Miguel and I be left alone.

He rolled his eyes before disappearing. I looked back over at Miguel and motioned at him to sit next to me. He took a seat next to me. The tension was thick, neither of us were saying a word. Finally Miguel cleared his throat and spoke up.

"So about earlier,", he started. With that start I knew he was about to say the most emotionally distant thing ever. "Let's just forget about that happening."

I nodded my head slowly. So clearly there was nothing to explore in regards to what happened.

"Sounds good.", I said giving Miguel a small smile. He smiled back awkwardly.

"Alright.", he said before going quiet. We both just sat there for a second not sure how to follow up the last topic.

Finally Miguel decided to break the tension by doing the most awkward thing possible. He leaned in and gave me a hug. I, of course being just as awkward, started patting his back. This was one of the most uncomfortable moments of my life.

Miguel broke the hug and the silence, "I'm gonna go to my room. Let me know if you need anything.", he said before leaving the room.

As soon as he left I collapsed on my bed and just stared at the ceiling. I feel as though I could have lived my entire life without that conversation needing to happen.

I finally felt as though I was ready to be vulnerable again after Loki. Clearly Miguel was just acting on urges and no emotions. I should have expected that from him though. He's been closed off since he broke canon.

I'm just going to pretend that us sleeping together was an anomalous event. It'll make what he said hold less significance.

A/N
Thanks for reading :) Sorry if it still seems slow! I just kinda want to keep it at a slow burn. Hope you're enjoying it so far :)!