Chapter 1 The New World

.

.

.

.

Reinhard watched with curiostiy as the boy the spirits have told him about was walking through the streets his head in a book.

The boy was no taller than 5'5 and had a head of long stark (h/c) hair. He couldn't see the boys eyes as he had his head in the book he was reading.

The clothing the boy wore was certainly unique. Baggy dark grey pants and a long sleeve black shirt. Through the loose swaying stark (h/c) hair Reinhard thought he saw a glimpse of metal on the boy's right ear.

Reinhard watched as the boy accidentally bumped into a short kitten human with orange hair and aqua green eyes. Well it was more accurate to say that the kitten human had bumped into the boy as she was the one excitedly running around without watching where she was going.

The red haired swordsman walked towards the two who started to talk, as he approached he couldn't help but overhear what they were saying.

"Mimi's sorry for running into you sir." the kitten human apologized to the boy, who finally looked from his book down to the girl.

"It's fine, it is also partially my fault for being so caught up with my book." The boy told her softly patting her head.

Mimi didn't seem to expect that as she just stared at the boy confused for a moment. When the boy retracted his hand Mimi quickly grabbed it and put it back on her head.

"Please continue to pat Mimi's head!" She asked and kinda demanded of him.

The boy slowly did much to Mimi's pleasure.

"Hello Mimi." Reinhard greeted getting the attention of both the boy and Mimi.

Mimi looked towards Reinhard and smiled happily, "Hi Reinhard!"

The boy took this oppertunity to retract his hand. Reinhard looked at him finally able to see his eyes, they were ruby red.

"Who's your friend Mimi?" Reinhard asked gesturing to the boy.

"Mimi doesn't know. Mimi accidentally bumped into him." Mimi told Reinhard.

"Oh," The boy said with both knights staring at him, "I'm Y/n, nice to meet you Mimi and uh..."

"I'm Reinhard van Astrea." Reinhard greeted holding his hand out.

Y/n took it and shook it, "Right, never saw someone with hair your shade of red."

Out of all the things Reinhard expected, that was not one of them. He normally didn't have to introduce himself as people normally recognised him, so this was unique of itself, but for Y/n to not even mention his name but rather his hair.

"Thank you." Reinhard told him with a smile. "I have never seen eyes that resemble rubies as much as yours."

Y/n chuckled, "My eyes are often complimented."

"Mimi thinks they're pretty too!" Mimi told Y/n who blushed a little not really use to compliments.

One person complimenting him was one thing, but two...

"Well I've never seen cat ears as cute as yours Mimi." Y/n told the tiny kitten human, as he felt he should return a compliment.

Mimi beamed at him, "Thank you!"

"So Y/n what is that book you are reading?" Reinhard asked taking a peek at the book.

The way Y/n was holding it allowed Reinhard to look at the page it was opened on. He tried but couldn't read the pages of the book, it wasn't in the language of Lugunica.