- 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

Third person.

Awoken by the alarm of her phone, Jieum stirs to the other side of the bed, snoozing the alarm off to get a few more minutes of sleep. She would've gone back to her slumber if it weren't for the knock on her door.

"Jieum-ssi? Mr. Moon's asking you to be downstairs in five. He wants you to meet someone." Said on the other side of the door, followed by another prudent knock.

'It's seven in the morning, for the love of God.' Jieum wants to say, but instead, she nods out of her mind, as if they would see her responding.

"Okay." She answers, in the loudest way possible with her hoarse voice. Jieum knows better than to go back to sleep and disobey her father's order.

She unwillingly sits up, her feet touching the cold floor. Taking a few more seconds to wake her body up, she makes her way out of her bedroom with gradual steps. Making sure she at least looked presentable was the least of her concerns, because she forgot the last few words she was told by one of the housemaids who woke her up, and the only thing on her mind was that her dad wanted to see her right now.

With disheveled hair and in her black pajamas, she walks through the empty hallway while looking around for her dad, greeting the housemaids along the way with simply a nod.

"They're in the living room." One of them informed her, holding a laundry basket. Before Jieum can ask what she meant by "they", they already left to continue their duty.

She halts at the doorway, scanning the room yet no sign of her father could be seen.

However...

Sitting on their long beige-colored sofa, Jieum spots a man. She's standing a few meters away from the sofa behind, so she is faced by his back only. Muttering a curse for then she only remembers that they do have a guest, she doesn't make a sound when she quickly combs her hair with her slender fingers and looks down at her pajamas, a lot more awake than a second ago.

The man has not recognized her existence. Jieum would prefer to let it stay that way until she manages to make herself out of the living room and proceed to look for where her dad could be.

But her slow quiet back steps were no use, as while she attempted to leave, that's when the man turns around, and she sees him.

Him.

Him...

Him?!

Who in the actual f — Who is Jieum seeing in front of her right now?

Both the only people inside the living room at a great distance from each other stare at each other with blown eyes. Jieum's heart falls to the bottom of her stomach as she realizes who the man is.

No, no, no. Just, no.

Jieum must be dreaming. Oh, she wished this was merely one of her dreams where he suddenly appeared out of nowhere to make sure she hadn't forgotten about him. Inside her mind right now, she's begging for whatever exists to wake her up from this nightmare and get her back into reality.

This is the reality.

Because fucking Park Jongseong, her heartbreaker, is real and here at her own house. He looks up and down at her frozen figure with his mouth glued shut, just like Jieum.