- 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

Third person.

Jongseong proceeds a grunt at the subtle red mark he received from the black branded bag, cupping his chin he seemed to be the main victim. Was this her form of greeting him? If so, he should've been more wary a minute ago. He clicks his tongue as his eyes dart back at her, extracting his frown and trying to calm down.

"Dropping the formalities between us already?" He asks, which barely relates to Jieum's turmoil.

"As if you didn't call me by my casual name. Stop the nonsense and tell me why you're here, Park." Jieum hisses. Heaving a sigh, Jongseong glances away.

"Look, in my defense, I didn't know I'd be seeing you again. My dad sent me back home from America five days ago. He told me to take this job as a fucking bodyguard for his friend's child, which I didn't know it would be you." Jongseong makes it clear as calmly as he can. But even with his long story short, Jieum is still fogged, highly doubting him.

"I can't believe you." She scoffs, shaking her head.

"And why would I lie about this?" Jongseong sneers.

"Because aren't you a liar?" Jieum asserts, taking Jongseong aback.

"What, you've forgotten? If your friends hadn't given me the news days later that you left the country the night after graduation, I would've thought you died. Everyone would've thought that too." Jieum brings back the past while staring at him, chuckling ironically momentarily.

It sounds petty coming from her for flaring out without him mentioning it. Jieum's always been petty. Keeping her mouth shut isn't her specialty.

"Hey, I-"

"I'm almost late. Just, drive me to my workplace for now." Jieum's hand puts an end to another of what his excuse may be.

Tossing him the keys to the Black A6 Audi, Jieum walks to the car, opening the door by herself, and slamming the door of the backseat in front of him. Jongseong clenches his fist and mutters a prayer, walking over the car to get in the driver's seat.

"Give me the location." He says. Jieum had to listen and give it through the navigation system.

Putting on his seatbelt while studying the controls of the car, he glances at her through the rear mirror.

"Seatbelt, ma'am?" He tells her. He can see her rolling her eyes complying nonetheless, looking back outside the window with a scowl.

Once Jongseong starts the engine, he begins to drive the car out of the house, on their way to Jieum's workplace with a heavy and awkward atmosphere lingering around.

━━━━━

A huge four-story building comes into sight after making it out of the traffic jam. Jieum instructs him to pull over on the driveway in front of the entrance. Without utterance, Jongseong steps out of the car and makes his way over to Jieum's side in the backseat to open the car door for her. He's uncertain of his action, but he already got out of the car anyway.

Opening the car, his sarcastic smile meets her clenched jaws and eye roll. She steps out, facing Jongseong with her arms crossed across her chest. A tiny bruise can be spotted on his chin, and Jieum's aware her bag must've caused it.

If he was someone else, she'd apologize for what she did. But if he was someone else, she wouldn't have done it in the first place. So she doesn't say anything. Besides, Jongseong doesn't seem infuriated about it.

"I didn't tell you to do that for me." Jieum states.

"Right, remind me not to next time." Jongseong retorts. He knew what was going to come out of her mouth was not going to be an appreciation of his small but kind gesture.