- 𝐒𝐈𝐗

Third person.

The next morning comes by. As Jieum refuses to accept the daylight outside the beige curtains on the left window of her bedroom, she later finds herself lying still and staring at the chandelier in the middle of the ceiling. She's fully processed all that was yesterday, and that makes her want to go back to a deep slumber and perhaps- break the record of Sleeping Beauty.

Eventually, she forces herself up, grunting as she needs to get up at seven in the morning per usual. Unlike yesterday, she's in her right mind this early to make her way to the bathroom first and foremost.

With herself at least looking presentable enough to leave her room- in case her father has invited other strangers that might or might not have a connection with her in the past as well (Dear God, no), who knows? Instead, she meets her father at the dinner table, casually waiting for her to have a father-daughter breakfast meal together.

"Morning, Ji." Kangmin greets her with a warm smile, ushering her to take her seat. It may not look like it, but the man is starving and wants nothing else but for his daughter to get out of her bedroom just so they can eat.

"Hi, dad. No surprising guests today?" Jieum huffs as she sits down, neatly putting the napkin on her lap. Taking a few small portions of every food arranged on the table, she shuns the equivocal smile and tilt of the head that he gave her.

"He was never a guest in the first place. Jongseong's your bodyguard. How was yesterday? I bet it was life-changing, wasn't it, darling?" Kangmin returns the ironical tone in his remark.

"Wish I can answer that, but I'd rather not. We weren't exactly on good terms for the whole day." Jieum admits.

"Can I have a new bodyguard? You know, I don't think he liked his job yesterday, either." She adds in her correct point. True, Jongseong did not have the best day of his life with her yesterday.

"He's only new to this kind of job, which is quite the effort of keeping you safe. If he didn't do so well yesterday, I'm sure he'll learn from it and do better today and so on. He's from the States, from a life that had got nothing to do with being a bodyguard." He light-heartedly chuckles, keeping in a good word for Jongseong. Jieum would seriously love to ask what the hell got him so fond of Jongseong (it's not complicated to answer, so that won't prove her point!).

"You just don't like him as a bodyguard for now, but he's great, I'm telling ya! I could tell from the moment I met him. And, his father's one of my best old colleagues. He'll be able to protect you." He continues, nodding to himself at the same time as consuming his warm coffee.

"Protection? Am I the President's daughter?" Jieum poorly exaggerates.

"You would've needed more than just one man in a black suit standing behind you like a statue if that's a way to picture it. Be thankful." Kangmin laughs, and Jieum bursts into airy giggles, shaking her head.

"You and Jongseong will get along. Perhaps there will come a day when you might not even see him as a bodyguard anymore. Maybe, a friend?" He shrugs his shoulders, and Jieum grimaces back.

They were once more than that.

━━━━━

The sight of Jieum's car is merely eradicated when Jongseong comes into the image. She fires out a big huff before her heels clink forward as Jongseong opens the passenger door for her.