16) 𝘌𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴- 𝘍𝘳𝘶𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘍𝘰𝘶𝘳

It's been 8 years since they all left Hawkins. Robin and Steve are still best friends. They have no idea where Nancy and Eddie went.

-

Robin lives with Steve. Or perhaps Steve lives with Robin- they don't really know since they both pay the bills. They're far away from their hometown, living life as if they were normal, safe, and always had been.

The younger kids were finishing up with high school, moving away to college, getting part-time jobs, and the rest were elsewhere.
Jonathan was elsewhere. Nancy was elsewhere. Eddie was elsewhere. And they had no clue where any of them could be.

Night life in the city could sometimes be kinda boring. They were in a small, cheap part of town, with nothing but nightclubs and druggies to entertain them on the streets. So, when a small, lesser-known- almost unknown- band comes to their side of the street, Robin and Steve decide to check it out.

They're playing in a bar, on the smallest stage known to man, and their title is quite interestingly grotesque. Definitely not something they'd normally be intrigued by, but they still decided to try it.

It's not very busy on the night- just the usual, drunkenly-staring older men slouching themselves over another full glass of beer- and the band isn't on stage yet- most likely milling around somewhere getting themselves prepared. That's until the fire exit door opens, and in walk two vaguely familiar stances.

It was a woman and a woman- both with curly, long hair... or perhaps a woman and a man? They couldn't tell from the distance but assumed so after a few glances. They were checking the wires on the stage- making sure everything was prepared for their big moment.

Robin and Steve watched on, following their movement and their silent-mouthed conversation in the dim light. They seemed like quite the interesting pair- maybe even couple.

They finished with their checks as Steve leaned back onto the table behind, but Robin continued to watch as they walked, catching a brisk facial-glimpse of the smaller woman in the distance.

She had a sharp jawline, small build with focused and narrow eyes.
It all made sense. It all so instantly made sense.

The small woman with a check-board, dark curly hair sitting just below her shoulders. The taller, slim man with black ripped jeans and a scruffy head of hair. In front of them, in the dark light at the other end of the room, stood Eddie Munson.

The same Eddie Munson as they had been friends with all of those years ago. The same Eddie Munson who always had perceived band-dreams for days.

And stood right next to him, with her authoritative stare, stood-

"-Nancy."

A pause.

"What?"
Steve then peered, too, following Robin's view and setting his eyes upon them himself.
"Eddie?"

"-and Nancy." Robin gawked back again, eyes wide and body frozen.

The two people that they had fought to come to terms over losing, over never seeing again.

Eddie Munson, the leader of his new band, and Nancy Wheeler, his assumed manager.

It was as if all of those years had never passed as Nancy caught their eyes, slowly tapping the man beside her so he could see the view, too.