18) 𝘕𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘢𝘥, 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥, 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭- 𝘙𝘰𝘯𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦

Robin's jealousy issues sometimes are unbearable,
and she thinks that it stems from not being able to love herself as much as the others love her.

She has been able to admit that jealousy is normal, and a lack of such would be completely unrealistic, but, she instantly gets caught on the topic of how much is humanly acceptable.

And an answer never comes.

Thinking to the grand scheme of things, it doesn't help that her girlfriend is who she is. Out of all people- all of them in the entire world- she just had to end up with the most desired girl in the seeming existence. Nancy Wheeler.

Sometimes Robin hates Steve for giving Nancy a status. The same Nancy that went unseen for years; nerd Nancy, quiet Nancy, small Nancy.
Nancy who was suddenly boosted into the highest ranks of the teenage-population, just because of a mop-headed idiot.
But, Robin knows that that's how it has to be.

Popular Nancy, admired Nancy, straight Nancy, and the Nancy that certainly doesn't kiss Robin behind closed doors.
Or at least she has to walk around pretending that way.

And the fact of it made Robin burn.

The fact that, as much as she hated it, she would have to witness complete fools flirt with her person- showing off and walking her honoured footsteps like moths to flame.

The same moths that, upon witnessing, find it fascinating that Nancy Wheeler hasn't been seen with a man for months...hasn't been seen with anybody.

The Robin Buckley that has to lurk in the shadows.
The Robin Buckley that has to watch from a distance.

The Robin Buckley that will never be enough for Nancy Wheeler, no matter how many times she's said the words 'I love you' or has been under her sheets.

She has to act that way,

because in everyone else's world, Nancy and Robin do not exist.

Never had.

Never could.

Never will.