19) 𝘐𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘳𝘢𝘯 (𝘕𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘺 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘷𝘪𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘈𝘜)- 𝘙𝘰𝘯𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦

Robin's hands were shaking- trembling in a way that she'd never seen them tremble before. She'd been scared previously- terrified, even- but this seemed to be the worst out of the lot.

It was the kind of fear that implemented into her bones, brandished her mind and wormed its way underneath her skin. The type of fear that was never to be dismissed- one that was impossible to think the best out of.

No 'it'll be over soon' could ever have discarded the feelings at bay, and no thoughts could ever have helped her believe that that was true.

It wasn't a fear that you read about in books or a fear that only lasted for the moment- it was a fear that wouldn't budge until Nancy Wheeler had been convicted innocent, and wouldn't budge until the law was off of their backs.

The fact that Hopper was no longer around couldn't be compressed into a situation classed as just a 'shame', but rather a situation classed as devastating.

For if he was, Nancy wouldn't've ever been in such a peace crushing situation, and she wouldn't've been running and hiding for her life. Oh how Robin wished that she could run to him and abolish the false accusations.

Wheeler's lifetime had been a rough one already- a constant fight to keep ahold of her status and her sanity, and a constant fight to keep ahold of her friends.
And if that wasn't enough, being convicted of Fred Benson's murder was certainly not a necessary addition.