𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑭𝑰𝑽𝑬

Leo strolled through camp, headed towards the dinning pavilion for breakfast. The most important meal of the day, since he usually forgets to eat lunch or sometimes even dinner. "It's just that forge grind" is his excuse.

When Leo arrived, he was getting all kinds of ghastly looks from campers. What the hell is going on?

Leo grabbed some waffles and sat down at the Hephaestus table. Even young Harley was looking at Leo with a frightful expression.

Suddenly waffles didn't sound too good to Leo.

Leo had a hunch the weird glares had something to do about his stolen diary. How much power that book holds is criminal, how much power Dylan now held over the son of Hephaestus.

Leo knew he had to do whatever it took to get that diary back to its rightful owner. Though he was unmotivated and just wanted to lay on the floor, crying, he knew that he had to stay focused or else he was never going to get better and only worse.

After a few minutes of eating in silence, Leo felt a light tap on his shoulder.

"Hey." It was the new camper, El. Her blond hair was falling down on her shoulders and her green eyes were filled with pity—no, empathy.

"I finished your sword." Leo stated, hoping she would let him finish his waffles before making him go and grab her sword.

She sat down next to Leo, slamming her plate down. She looked slightly irritated, or maybe she just had an RBF.

"Someone's spreading rumors about you, they said you killed your mother? Which is ridiculous." She informed Leo, taking a huge bite of her burnt toast smothered with strawberry jelly.

Leo could barely control his reaction, his eyes went wide, and he was at a loss for words. It's worse than I thought.

"Haha yeah that's...ridiculous." Leo chuckled nervously, Dylan must have read some entry about mama and told everyone about it...

"I know what it feels like and once I find out who did this they will be sorry!" El growled, Leo noticed the indignant expression on her face.

Leo was deeply perplexed at why she gave a shit. It's not like Dylan said anything about her, but Leo just rolled with it.

If El really felt bad for him, maybe others did too. Maybe everyone didn't believe Dylan. That would just make it so much easier to put him in his place.

Either way, Leo knew he could defeat Dylan. So what if he could teleport through mirrors!

"Dylan doesn't know what he's doing, who he's messing with." Leo spoke with confidence, he was without doubt sure he could take Dylan.

I'm without sure that he was very wrong.

"Of course the guy who did this is named Dylan..." she groaned, rolling her eyes. She pointed the remaining half of her toast at Leo, "We're going to take him down." She reassured, looking down slightly at him since she was taller.

     El thought of all the times Sam had spread rumors about her. The cruel part about it, is that most of them were true.

About her being gay, almost cutting herself, her dad in the hospital.

Gods, she hated Sam, her high school bully.

    As much as he hateful things to El, she would never forgive him for what he did to her girlfriend, Freya Miller, The initials on El's golden necklace, F.M.

El was a senior in a month, high school was almost over for her, but she couldn't think about another year in that hellhole, with Sam.

    Right now, all she could possibly think about is Dylan, and how boys like him deserve nothing in this world.

"We?" Leo asked, not looking El in the eye.

"We."

Leo couldn't help but smile, people don't usually show him kindness on this level, and it meant the world to Leo.

Leo was flooded with even more confidence, with El on his side, they could conquer Dylan and maybe Leo would even gain a new friend doing it.

A/N: New chap! This chapter is sweet, and I got to intro my girl el ;)
Leo is gaining friends and we are gaining new characters!! Yipee!!
Qotd: opinions on country music?