𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑺𝑰𝑿

Luke yearned for Alabama. She craved the annoying country music on the radio, she missed how you could drive for hours and see nothing but land for miles.

She wished she had someone to talk to about her how homesick she was.

Now, she sat on the roof of the hermes cabin, listening to trash country music that reminded her of home.

   Luke wondered how she got here, in New York, her sanity slipping away from her grasp.

She was only 16 but she felt like she had lived a thousand lives. She wondered what would be of her life once she was to old to stay at camp. She wouldn't be here forever, but she had nobody left in the outside world.

   She hoped that Julius, Drew and Dylan would be her friends for life, and that none of them would ever die.

    Drew Tanaka was her girl, they gossiped together and had sleepovers. Drew always gave stellar advice and gave Luke her first skincare routine.

    Julius was Luke sweetheart. Julie always knew what to say, and Luke saved all of her jokes for him. Drew even thought they would make a good couple.

    Dylan was the boy way out of her league that she so desperately wanted. Drew said not to fall for the bad boys, but she couldn't help it. He was strong and caring.

     Luke wanted to take them to Alabama, after Julie's cancer when away and Dylan finished his business with Leo.

     Luke got lost in her bittersweet thoughts about her friends and her life, thinking for what felt like minutes but as really hours.

    "What are you doing up here?" Dylan asked, taking a seat next to her and pausing Luke Combs who was playing on her phone.

    Luke turned to look at him, he was so pretty to her. Prettier than that sun that was setting, the orange and pink skies reflecting in his eyes.

    "Im just thinking," she responded, quietly.

   He leaned a little closer, making Luke's heart skip a beat. "About what?"

    "Stuff..." She smiled, meeting his gaze.

   Their faces were so close now, Luke wondered if he was gonna ask to kiss her. She hoped, but then again shes used to being let down.

    Dylan did not ask, he just went in for the kiss without warning which totally caught Luke off guard. After a second or two, it registered in Luke's brain that she was kissing her best friend, her crush.

When he Dylan pulled away and gave look that look, she knew she was done for.

                                        ∘ ⋄ ❖ ⋆ ∙

Leo's search for Dylan lasted all day. It finally came to an end when he saw him on the roof of the hermes cabin, kissing a girl.

    Who would kiss this fool?

Leo shot a text to El, telling her to grab her sword. Whatever it took to get his diary back.

   "HEY, DYLAN!" Leo shouted, waving his arms up at Dylan. This seemed to get his attention, he stopped kissing Luke and grinned at Leo.

    Leo waited with arms crossed for Dylan to get down off the roof. Leo stood tall, trying his hardest to be intimidating.

    "Give me my diary, or were gonna have a problem."

    Dylan laughed, peeking at Luke behind him. "Your diary?" He snapped his head back to Leo, still laughing, "Dear diary, Dylans being a bully." He teased, empathizing the word bully.

    Leo balled his fists and sent it flying at Dylans face.

Dylan stumbled back, dazed. He looked up and gave Leo a glare that could kill.

Luke stepped forward, her knife in her palm. Dylan put his arm out to stop her, "I've got this."

Luke stepped back reluctantly and sat back to watch Leo get his ass handed to him. She couldn't help but smirk and at how confident Leo looked. Even she could kill him.

Dylan stood their, motionless as Leo threw punch after punch. Dylan took it all until El showed up and he had enough.

     "I would kill you," he said to leo, "but... I wanna ruin life so bad that you do the job for me"

   This remark pissed El off to the max. She unsheathed her sword, the golden reflecting off the stars.

     Sure, El just got her sword and knew nothing about how to use it but she was not gonna let that slide.

     "Give the book back to Leo." Demanded El.

      Dylan smiled, "No."

    El fake sighed, then smirked, "Leo, light me up."

    Leo knew exactly what she meant, and he thought she was insane for it, but he did it anyway. He let his hands catch fire before setting El's sharp sword into flames.

"You better run," El warned, looking Dylan right in the eyes and not daring to look away.

Luke knew either way, someone was gonna die tonight and there was no way in tartarus she would let it be Dylan.

A/N: The suspense!!! Ahhh!
Also I rlly am proud of this chapter, I feel like its written beautifully. I also got to intro the friend group, yipee!!
Julius is my sister jayceepine s oc btw
Qotd: fav movie?