chapter 7

Once they gotten through the water fall sonic had looked immediately became amazed what he saw. Inside behind the water fall was a Crystal cave with a lake of water "whoa...do you..always come here?" He asked as he looked around Befor glanced over at Lance who nodded.

"Yes, I came here whenever I'm off duty or can't sleep, like we can't, or to clear mind while thinking" lance replied in response answering the hedgehogs question as he carefully watches him looking around with curiosity.

The place was amazing it has a few big flat rocks to stand and sit down as the water was shinning like it was glowing, sonic could even see his reflection in it even though he wasn't a big fan of water but he likes to admire it once in a while.

"..wow" sonic was amazed as he kept looking at his reflection for a moment as he then noticed Lance come on over after saw his reflection in the water next to his. He smiled until it started to slowly fade a little bit when he thought of something that as been stuck in his mind the whole time.

The knight showed considered on his expression as sonics ears went down in sadden. "Is something wrong?" He asked causing the hedgehog to snap out of his thoughts as his eyes glanced over at him.

"Huh? Oh y-yeah..I'm fine it's just..." Sonic paused as he rubbed the back of his neck not sure how to even explain this quietly sighed. "You just remind me of someone I know back home.." he added as his ears were still down juts by the thought of it.

Lance heard as he knew what the hedgehog was talking about since during the travel he was telling the knight that he looked like the same hedgehog he knew but was different from the other. "This shadow fellow you spoke of before, said he isn't the friendly type?" He asked with curiosity in his voice tone.

"Well, it depends on his mood, usually he calls me faker or just hedgehog" sonic said said in response to him, as he's used to be those names alot whenever he encounters shadow anywhere and bugs him"

"Well that's rude" lance commented as he then heard  sonic laugh, he smiled softly a little bit before quickly went back to his normal expression that he always have on.

Sonic  would calm down from laughing as he took a breath. "Nah, I'm used to it, he'd always like that anyway" he replied with a smile as his ears perked up.

The two went silent just watching the clear water that is until lance has spoke up breaking the silence. "Sonic" he said as sonics ear twitched looking over at lance.

"I promise, I'll try he best to get you back to your home world, and ..will keep projecting you the whole time during the journey until then" lance was saying as he look at sonic, knowing this world is more dangerous so would try anything to get him back him safely.

Sonic was  actually surprised to hear this words from Lance himself but then again he is a knight and not the  shadow, he smiled softly as he nodded a little. "Thanks lance, ..I appreciate that"

They down another few minutes there just talking to each other, as they then started to head back in order for the both of them ro get some rest before the sunrise in the morning comes and continue their journey.