"Who is she?"

I sat in the restaurant, drumming my fingers on my table. My date was supposed to have been her an hour ago. I sighed and decided to give up on it. However before I could, much to my distain, my best friend walked in. He walked straight over to me and sat down in my date's seat before grinning at me saying, "awe wine and flowers, for me?! you're to sweet Victor but really, I'm not into guys."

I rolled my eyes and said, "what do you want Freddie?"

I slides a folder over to me saying, "data on your date."

I opened the folder and saw in big red sharpie, traitor, written across her paperwork. Along with photos of the after math of her execution at the hands of my father.

I shook my head and closed the folder, cussing as I slid it back over to Freddie. He nods and says, "yeah I know it sucks dude. One of our spies caught her exchanging info with a neighboring mafia. Apparently she was like a distant cousin or something I don't know."

I nodded and said, "well, you might as well order something. I already have to pay for the wine."

I picked up the flowers and walked over to the trash throwing them away.

Suddenly the door open when I did this and a woman's laughter filled my ears before she ran into me and she immediately said, "oh! I'm sorry, excuse me."

She looked up and I looked at her before my brows furrows and I said, "it's alright. Are you okay?'

She nods and I surveyed her outfit. She was way to nicely dressed to be just the normal level of rich. She also seemed to be surveying me though. However before I could ask anymore questions, a man came in behind her. When he saw me though he instantly took the woman by her waist guiding her around me saying, "excuse us."

Then I returned to my seat and Freddie says, "what was that? The look of  Victor Valentino having a love at first sight moment?"

I shook my head and say, "you know you're a real moron. You use my full name all the time like it holds no substance."

He rolls his eyes before stating, "well, it doesn't matter, because that woman, can not be remotely on your radar."

"Why, who is she? Is she with that guy?"

Freddie's jaw dropped and he says, "you don't know who that is?"

I shake my head and he says, "man we need to get you on the town. In clubs, in strip clubs, bars, anything. Get you out of your pants a little."

"Freddie!" I scold

He shakes his head and says, "that was the most popular girl in the city around four years ago. She went to all the clubs that she would illegally sneak her way into, and she was known for getting a little to drunk and removing a few layers.'

"Tell me why this is relevant to me."

"Well, suddenly, one day she disappeared. And no one has seen her since. Until, right now. You, my friend as far as I know, are the first man to lay eyes on that woman in almost four years."

"Get on with it Freddie. I don't care if she was a stripper, why can't I be with her."

Freddie laughed and said, "first off,  she was not a stripper. She is a very well respected woman who would remove layers but keep her legs closed. But anyways, after she disappeared I did more research in her... and she is Rosalind Hamlot."

"Hamlot- like-"

"Yes. Our rival mafia, Hamlot. She is the youngest child and only daughter, and she has four older brothers. One of whom you're looking at. Rosalind lives a really sheltered life and then her dad basically made her become a hermit after finding out about her clubbing adventures, she was 16 when she was out clubbing. But since she's been sheltered, it's like;y Newton, who is the one that is with her, recognized you while she did not."

I nodded and asked, "what else do we know about her?"

"Well, out network of spies within the mafia tell us that she has joined teh mafia as a sniper. Under the code name Majesty. Her eldest brother will be her mentor. That;s as much recent data as we know."

I nodded and studied her. Something about her was captivating. She is beautiful but not entirely in a lustful sort of way. Of course it's obvious by the dress she's wearing, she knows she's beautiful. So she's looking for attention for her beauty, however, she also held an air of confidence that I don't find in a lot of women. She knows exactly who she is and what she wants to be. Oh, and her laugh, it was intoxicating. Despite the restaurant being full of people, it was all I could hear. Her movements were graceful but it felt calculated. Like she planned every movement before she made it, I know that wasn't actually the case but it seems it. A lot of trained snipers and assassins hold that sort of air.

I wanted her and I wanted her now

However Freddie snapped a few times to regain my attention before he says, "hey. Focus Vicotr. You can't have her, you can pick any other freaking woman you want, literally. But not her. She is off limits."

"Of limits eh? But Freddie now you're creating a beautiful environment for me to step over the line."

"Victor, that line has machine guns and sharks and lava or whatever you want to imagine, trust me, it's got it. Do. Not. Cross. That. Line. That last thing we need is another fucking mafia war."

I nodded and took a breath before asking, "you gonna order anything?"

"No. I'm not hungry."

"good."

Then I got the waiters attention and said, "Check please. Oh, and I'd like to send a bottle of wine over to the table with the woman in the low back red dress. Just add it to my bill, thanks."

The waiter nods and when he walked away I looked at Freddie and said, "line, crossed."

Freddie face palmed.