Chapter 3

SUMMARY: Finney and Griffin plan a sleepover for the next day. But, he also met Billy Showalter along the way.

TW:  ABUSE, TERRANCE BLAKE, ???

It was the end of school, in any second now, kids will start flooding the streets, going in shops (most likely the Grab N Go). Gwen had to help with a project so Finney was all alone again with his father. Like last time a pair of hands tapped his shoulder, he instantly thought it was Griffin because of last time. He turned around. "Hey.. uh, want to hang out tomorrow, a sleep over if you really want too? You don't have too, i'm just asking!" He said making sure Finney had a choice. "Sure, i can. I just need to inform my sister and my dad about it if that's okay?" Griffin nodded, "When we are with each other we can decide whether we want a sleep over!" "Yes we can, now you should go, you don't want your mum worried now do you?" Griffin looked surprised, "Ohhh... OH! Yes, BYE FINNEY!!" he ran away, soon you couldn't see him anymore, he was home. Finney hoped that he was home. He cant loose him, he needed to save him, that's his job. Unless, The Grabber remembered every single thing? But, if Gwen can't remember then Albert can't.

He started walking down the street, he looked everywhere around him as he fidgeted with his space rocket torch. Finney loved it! His mum got it for him when he was little, it was the only one in stock. That was the first part of his journey of his obsession with space. And then his mum had a telescope. They placed it onto a near by hill and looked at the beautiful glowing stars dancing across the night sky. He was like his mum, same features, same personality, same heart but most importantly he wont become like her. He won't kill himself like his mum died even if he thinks of it. He just wont, he needs to keep everybody safe, he wants Gwen to be free from that drunken father, he wants him to go to jail. They would be free. They could dance around the living room listening to there favorite music without getting told to be quiet or beaten up to stay quiet, they could invite friends over without worrying there dad could be there.They could finally be happy, but that might not happen. It could be the complete opposite of what he wanted.

He was only a 13 year old boy, taking responsibility of his own family. He cooked, cleaned, worked at a near by shop, etc. He could do anything and he will do anything to keep everything right. He knew he wasn't strong in the outside but he is in the inside. Terrance is his father, he still loved him. He could do anything for him to return into a normal father. But Albert, he wished he could just die, he wanted him to suffer like him, Gwen and how the ghost boys suffered in that basement. But he just has to think how. He will soon when he makes sure they all are safe until he thinks about himself and that stupid horrible man.

He arrived at his house, he grabbed his key and opened the door. Finney was shocked. There was more green glass bottled scattered around the house. His Dad was awake though, he looked mad, why was he mad? He was mad every day but not this mad, you could see pure red in his eyes, the anger changing his tired appearance from yesterday night. He stayed quiet, he didn't want him more angrier than he already is. "Finney. FINNEY BLAKE!" his dad shouted loudly making him flinch. He held a glass bottle in one hand but the belt in his other. "THIS HOUSE IS A COMPLETE MESS! DIDN'T I TELL YOU... TO CLEAN THIS SHIT YESTERDAY?" He flinched again, a tear shedding down his face. "I- I'm sorry, i can clean this now..?" He tried to stay calm. But the man striked his belt at the boy's waist. His tears got more visible and starting sobbing, apologizing, saying prayers in his head. "I'M SORRY!" He shouted, salty tears getting in his mouth as he sobbed. The man pushed him onto the floor, smashing the bottle to his head. Finney screamed with apologies that he shouldn't even be saying.

His Father just kept hitting him, harder and harder until he suddenly passed out, he started to loose what his dad was shouting at him the only think he last heard was that he was getting called slurs, that he should be like his mum. His dad missed Mrs Blake but he was too drunk to notice he got her involved.

Finney woke up by someone shouting his name, the voice was female. He could start to see more properly now as he saw his sister sobbing, calling his name as she kneeled down right next to him putting her hand on his chest. "I'm so sorry Gwenny." She looked at him, right in the eyes. "It's not your fault, you do all the hard work silly, your tired." tears escaped his eyes he sat up and instantly hugged her. "Oh by the way! We have school in... one hour," she giggled seeing the look on his face. "WHAT??" he yelled, he quickly shot up and ran to his room to get changed.

After a few minutes, he went down stairs, noticing Gwen to her own hair but in a ponytail. "Do you want me go plat that?" he asked and he nodded. He carefully platted her soft brunette hair. "Thank you kid, you are the best!" "Yeah, yeah. I know," He said smiling, "Lets go to school shall we?" She nodded, "What about your back and head?" "If anyone asks i'll just say i fell down the stairs, okay?" she nodded and then said "Stay safe, tell me if any of them fart knockers hurt you!" She laughed and Finney joined in," Yeah don't worry, i will but you say safe too." She nodded and left. He then went to his homeroom.

The teacher was always late, her name was Miss Jones. Everybody knew her first name, it was Emily. Students said it never suited her but she finally came in. "RIGHT! Kids, settle down now! I arranged a new seating plan." Everybody looked at her with a 'what the fuck?' or a 'you can't do that!?' face. "Stop them faces, everybody stand up and go to the back of the classroom." Everybody done what she was told as she called out names. "Kelsey Miller and Donna Carter and for last, Billy Showalter and Finney Blake!" He smiled, another boy he needed was there. That was good, he could get closer to him and possibly make a small friend group until he gets the others! He got to his seat since Billy was there already, He looked tired, but who wouldn't be tired after waking up at 4AM in the morning to deliver newspapers? His head was on the table, he was still awake though. "Hey, aren't you the paper boy?" Finney asked the blonde haired by next to him. The boy nodded and replied, "I am, do i go round your street?" "Yeah, iv'e seen you come cross when i'm up at 4am in the morning." "I want to finish before school, not my fault i have to wake up at 4am! sometimes i do at in the afternoon." Finney chucked. He just now has to become friends with him but he will think about that another day he needs Griffin right now.

It was lunch now, he needed to meet up with Griffin by the tree they went to last time. He walked all the way there he almost tripped but he didn't care. Griffin was there, he was sat down his head on the tree. Finney walked closer then sat next to him. "Hey griff!" He opened his eyes noticing that his friend was sat next to him, "When did you come here?" he asked slightly tilting his head. "Like, 2 minutes ago!" "Oh, anyways how was your last class?" "Boring, but guess what!" Griffin smiled, "What?" Finney smiled as well, "Well, basically i talked to the paperboy. since his seat was arranged by me.." Griffin was already surprised, "you're lucky someone noticed you!" he couldn't stop laughing, he loved being with Finney, knowing he was the first person to be his friend. "Griffin, i noticed you! Be glad..." Finney said in a dramatic way. Griffin payfully slapped him as Finney now was laughing, "You laugh so creepily Griffin! i could get so scared if you laughed like that at night." Griffin giggled while saying "Finney,..." in a creepy way, Finney was back at the basement. He answered the phone as he heard something call his name, he was frightened. "Finney?" "Finney!" Griffin got worried, he started crying, he called his name even more to try and get him back. It worked. Finney gasped, "I'm sorry i just remembered something- i think." Griffin wiped his tears, "Don't say sorry, now can i hug you before we hang out with each other later?" "Sure, that wont hurt." It did hurt, His back wasn't healed yet but he just pretended he was alright.

They hugged each other as tight as they could until they got off of each other.

"I'll see you later Finney!"

"See you later Griffin."

They waved goodbyes to each other and went to there next lesson.

--
This is awful tbh. i use ao3 much more than wattpad and just to remind you, this is on AO3! With slightly different parts since i deleted some parts from it lmao anyway: 

https://archiveofourown.org/works/48161062/chapters/121448200

--