Chapter 9

SUMMARY: A day before Vance Hoppers abduction. Finney thought of a rather dumb idea to stop The Grabber getting him. Will it work?

Finney had woken up. The instant thought of Vance Hopper made him worry fast. It was a day before he got abducted and he had no idea on how to do it. Yes, he did do options on what to do but it probably wouldn't work out. Instead he thought of something rather dumb than smart but if it works, that's all what matters right now.

He jumped out of bed, putting casual clothes on then quickly putting and tying the laces on his converse. However, he looked out the window to see if his dad's car was in the driveway. Was it? No, it wasn't. Which was a good so he could hurry up on what hes doing. Now, he ran to the bathroom, taking his brush and started brushing his hair.

He didn't even know if Vance would be at the grab n go at such an early morning but if he is that means he doesn't have to waste his time waiting until he comes.

Finney finished his hair and ran downstairs shouting, "BYE GWEN! I'M GOING OUT FOR A BIT!" And his sister shouted back, "ALRIGHT!"

He smiled and opened the front door, closing it after he got out of the house. He walked for a few minutes down the street but then ran. He crossed the street and slowed down his pace as he got to the Grab n Go. Finney gasped for air for a few minutes when he got inside.

He did have about 10 dollars left in his pocket. He thought he was going to use that to buy some sort of food since they keep going low on food. He decided to try and talk to Vance when hes finished paying, it should be fine. Finney went to every isle, making sure to get beer for his dad because he ran out. He would often go to the Grab n Go since his dad forces him to get him beer like he cant do that himself but he always ends up going to the bar or work when Finney comes back home with an alcohol bottle in his hands.

He sighed picking up the beer on the shelf, then taking his way to the candy isle. Picking up two packets of Love hearts rolls for Gwen and got some wine gums for himself. Then, he walked to the counter, putting the near and candy on it. The man at the counter looked at the boy then the beer, "What are planning to do with that beer?" Finney smiled, "My dad, he wanted me to get it for him." The man just nodded and hummed as he checked for the price. "Total is $5.98," He said putting everything in a white plastic bag. Finney gave 10 Dollars and was given change. "Thank you," Finney said taking the bag and change from the counter. The man nodded and took out a cigarette going to the back.

Vance Hopper was on the Pinball machine. Finney wondered why he is always on it, it could have a reason to it or he just really enjoys it. A few minutes later, he was practically staring at Vance playing the game. He exhaled and went closer too him. Everybody thought he was terrifying, Finney did but that was only because of that fight last time. Vance 'Pinball' Hopper beat up a kid for getting pushed into the pinball machine making him loose the game. The police had to get called and they dragged him away.

'Fox on the Run' By sweet was now playing in the shop. He heard Vance humming the lyrics and beats. He stopped when he finished his game and was about to put another quarter but he noticed the smaller boy beside him. "What do you want, Cunt Wad?" He asked a bit aggressive but Finney smiled. Vance looked at the boy and saw the polite smile showing on his face but then took his eyes to the game. "I want to inform you that-"

"Inform me about what?" Vance interrupted but was confused although after a few seconds he finally let the boy talk. Finney started to fidget with his space pen and bag a lot more than usual, "Uh, just don't go to the uh- Grab ' Go tomorrow." Vance looked at him confused. "And, why should i listen to a kid like you?" He asked making the boy exhale beside him. "I will explain it too you one day, you just need to not go tomorrow." Vance put the quarter into the machine and started playing the game.

"What if i go tomorrow?" Finney looked at him like he was stupid, "If you do," he paused, "I will go there and drag you back home." Vance smirked, "You don't know where i live." Finney groaned. "Okay, but. Please don't go anywhere tomorrow," he said in a more serious tone. Vance glanced at him, he could see the seriousness in his face. "Alright, whatever," He replied now taking his full attention to pinball. "Thank you," Finney said before he left the Grab n Go.

Now that Finney was outside, he used that time to think. Vance probably wasn't going to listen to him so he thought that he was going to check the store tomorrow to see if he is there. If he was there he would not drag him back home, he guessed he was just going to have to keep an eye on him at all times that day. And of course keep a look out for The Grabber. Which he is doing now and he did find him walking across the street. So the boy started to run back home, taking a minute break every time he felt like he couldn't run anymore.

Finally, he arrived home. His dad's car wasn't on the driveway which was good. He opened the front door to see Gwen in the living room watching her cartoons. "Hey Finney," she said as she paused the cartoon, "I want to watch some cartoons with you before I go for dinner with Susie." Her brother nodded, "Well i got some Love heart rolls for you, two packs so you can share some with Susie." She looked at him with a smile. "Thanks kid," she said ruffling his hair as she stood up from the red mattress on the floor. "I'll just put these away later, we can watch the TV now," He said making himself sit down on the right side of the bed.   Gwen sat herself beside him putting her head on his shoulder. They were now quietly watching whatever cartoon was on until Gwen spoke.

"Please remember to eat tonight," She said a bit quiet but he could still hear it. "I will but you remember to not worry about me," He replied gently rubbing her back. "How could i not worry about you?" She asked. Finney sighed, "I don't know but just try not too. I should be worrying about you more than you worrying about me." They stopped talking for a few minutes but then Gwen spoke up, "I love you, Finney. Remember that."

Finney stopped rubbing her back. He hugged her instead. "I love you too," was his last words as they hugged in comfortable silence while watching cartoons.

That girl will never stop worrying about her brother.

--
I took blood, sweat and tears into this chapter😭😭
I apologise if this took long and if its bad this was the worst chapter ive done so far in my option.
I hope you enjoyed the story so far lol and i dont read over my chapers most of the time so if theres any mistakes that you find pls tell me, if you want to 🥰
--