Chapter 8

SUMMARY: ▬PART 2▬

Today was the day of Finney's Baseball Game. Would that be the chance to meet Bruce Yamada, Robin Arellano and Vance Hopper on the same day?

Ring! The final bell of the day just rang. Finney picked up his books, quickly putting them in his warn out backpack. He was the last one to leave the classroom, all he thought was the baseball match. He needed it done with. If it wasn't for his bullies, he would have been home by now. "Hey Finney!" Matty called out, with the other 2 smirking beside him. Finney walked faster, trying to at least get outside the school building. Which he did and then he ran for it, the three boys just behind him as he ran. Matt was luckily right behind him so that he pushed Finney onto the concrete. Possibly making a few scratches on him already. They were all over him, kicking his sides. Finney wanted to cry, but he couldn't. He used up all of his tears last night.

but, what they never knew is that Gwen was walking their direction. She noticed it was Finney and his bullies she she picked up a sharp rock and ran towards them shouting, "YOU COCK SUCKING FART KNOCKERS!" Although, they never cared, they kept kicking the poor boy until his sister pushed them away. Aiming the rock and throwing it at Matty's face. He fell onto the ground, the side of his face full of blood.

Finney sat up watching the scene. He felt bad that his younger sister had to help him all the time, he wished she could help her more. Suddenly, Finney got back to reality when he heard Gwen groan in pain. He looked up to see her in a bloody mess. However, the three boys were gone. "Gwen!" He painfully yelled, still on the ground. She stood up, getting to her brother and putting out a hand. "Come on, you need to get cleaned up and dressed for the baseball match." What she said made Finney in shock, he forgot about the game. How could he forget such a big thing?

"Can you even go to your game, Finney?" Gwen asked putting an arm around his shoulder. "I think i will make it, Gwenny." Gwen just sighed, looking at him, "I'm sorry Finney." This made him awfully confused. "Why are you sorry?" Gwen sighed once again, "I just want them to stop hurting you, I always fail though." Finney exhaled, "It's not your fault, you tried your best." Gwen smiled, "I love you kid."

"I love you too."

                                                         ----------

Finney quickly walked towards the bathroom, cleaning his wounds before he got in his baseball kit. He hated the scars from that man, himself and his father. He wished he could be perfect.

Finally, he put his baseball shirt on before leaving the bathroom. He then headed to his bedroom, opening his worn out closet and getting his baseball cap. He looked at looked at his calendar, it was so close until Vance's Abduction. He still doesn't know on how to save him. Vance could beat him up so badly, he would end up in the hospital but, he will do anything just to save him.

"Finney!" Gwen called out from downstairs. "Coming," Finney yelled back as he adjusted his cap. Then, He opened his bedroom door, going down the stairs, meeting Gwen by the door. "Hurry up! You will be late its 3:50," said Gwen and Finney responded with a slight nod. They got out the house, basically jogging and running to get there on time. Gwen was going to pass out because she was so tired! "Finney, can we-can we walk?" she asked, out of breath. "Sure we are like almost there anyway," he replied pointing at the baseball field across the street.

A few minutes later, it just turned 4:00. Gwen sat down on the bleachers, with her friend Amy. Amy was Bruce Yamada's younger sister, which made it a bit more easier to save Bruce. At about 4:30, that's when people started to show up. Children and parents coming to watch the match, mostly the children. Most adults would go to the food trucks and hang out or just get food. Unfortunately, Finney felt a pear of eyes watching him. However, it wasn't from Gwen's direction or it wasn't any of his teammates. He felt scared, like it was The Grabber watching him in his sleep. He turned around to see a man in a red shirt with dirt blonde wavy hair coming to his shoulders. He was right, it was him. Did also come into the past?

Finney ignored the man and waited till he was called out to the game. He ran into the pitch standing in his position with the baseball in his hand. The batter opposite him, ready to hit it over the field.

A few minutes later, Finney finally threw the ball. The cheering got louder as the ball flew in the air. The batter swung but sadly missed.

"STRIKE!"

Finney got the baseball back in his hand, taking the game a little more serious now. He looked around him, catching Gwen first, then Robin and Vance beside each other. Finney got back in track and took a step back, taking a deep breath and again threw the ball as far as he could. The batter missed once again.

"STRIKE TWO!" The cheering got even louder than before.

He done a quick smirk before catching the ball once again and then getting himself ready to throw for the last time. The batter looked determined, he needed a home run. He threw the ball, the batter missed again.

"STRIKE THREE!!"

A crowed of sighs come through the other team and the crowed. But most were cheering. He looked at his sister, the huge smile plastered across her face made him smile too. Finney ran to his team, they all cheered.

A few moments later, both teams where beside each other walking saying 'Good game' then went their opposite ways. After that, Finney ran to Gwen still ignoring the man staring at him. "Wooo! Well done Finney!" Gwen excitedly yelled. She was more excited than Finney, himself. "Thanks, Gwen." Finney smiled, then taking a glance at Amy and Bruce. Bruce doing the same to Finney and smiled at him. Finney's sister wouldn't stop talking about how good he was in the game until someone touched his shoulder and made him flinch. "Sorry dude, didn't mean to scare you," The boy in a green bandanna apologized. "It's quite alright, do you need something?" Finney asked taking a glance at Vance Hopper and back to Robin. "Oh, I don't, i was just going to say that you was really good," Finney nodded, "Thanks." Robin nodded, "No problem, see you in school, yeah?"

Finney stayed quiet, he still felt the mans eyes on him. "Finney?" Gwen asked tapping his shoulder. "Oh- uh, what did you say?" He asked making Robin chuckle at the answer he was given. "I'll see you at school." Finney smiled, "Yeah, okay." The two boys then left, walking to the grab n go.

Gwen gave water to her brother and he took it, drinking it as they walked back home. He was definitely going to sleep when he gets home. "Gwen, have you eaten anything yet?" she shook her head. "No, but i'm going to Amy's for it, what about you?" Finney stayed silent before answering. "I'm going to sleep when i get i the house, i'm tired. " Gwen's smile dropped, "Finney, are you sure you don't want to come with me?" "Yes, i'm fine Gwen," Finney said putting his arm around her neck. "Alright, i'll go now. Bye kid," she said giving Finney a hug. "Bye Gwenny, have fun."

Finally, Finney made it back home in one piece. His father passed out on his chair with music playing in the room with a half empty beer bottle in his hand. He quietly walked to him, taking the bottle out of his hand then putting it on side. Then walking upstairs to his room, changing to his space pajamas and falling onto his bed. Instantly falling into a deep sleep. 

--
I cannot do baseball matches😻😘
--