Chapter 5

I went straight to the hospital because Williams suddenly called and said that Grandpa was sick, and he brought him there. I was on my way to the hospital when I called Freen, but her phone was off. I dialled again, but it was still unreachable. I just left her a voice message saying that I couldn't visit her as I promised because of Grandpa's situation.

After a few minutes on the road, I finally reached the hospital where Grandpa was confined. I called William, and like Freen, his phone is unreachable too, so I have no choice but to ask for the information desk.

I wore a cap so that people wouldn't recognize me. I was nervous now because this was my first time being alone in the crowd. There is no manager and no bodyguards to protect me. I slowly walk towards the information table when someone grabs my hand.

"You shouldn't walk in public alone; don't you know how dangerous it is when people will recognize you?" It was Xyza, and she was holding my hand like she didn't want to lose me. She walks faster, and I have no choice but to follow her even if it's against my will.

We entered the room, and she finally let go of my hand. She looks at me with a very Xyza-like look. I crossed my arms as I looked at her too.

"What do you think you're doing? "I asked her in an annoyed tone.

"What do you think I did? You're famous; once people recognize you, you will create a fuss here. This is not a place to show off Rebecca. Some people who are here are fighting for their lives, she said.

"Show off? Is that what you think I did here? When will you stop judging me? I came here because my grandpa was confined in this hospital" I said.

Hearing my answer made her look at the paper she was holding.

"Did you mean Mr Armstrong? she asks me.

"Yes. I couldn't reach William, so I decided to ask for help with the information, but some idiot grabbed my hand and dragged me here to judge me again," I said, looking at her full of anger.

She realized this time that she had made mistakes, which is why she hit her forehead gently.

"I'm sorry; I was just worried and carried away by my feelings when I saw you here alone," she explained.

I raised my eyebrows as I looked at her from head to toe.

"Are we done here? I need to see my grandpa," I said.

"I will bring you to him; I was on my way to him when I saw you earlier," she said.

"If the patient's life is in danger, I'm sure you're patient is dead by now because you're not doing your job well," I said.

"Rebecca, can you stop being mean to me? Remember, your grandpa is under my care now, and it's up to me now if I will help him or not," she said.

I looked directly into her eyes.

"Are you threatening me? God, I can send him to another hospital if I wanted to," I answered.

She smiled, walking closer in my direction.

"Rebecca, your brother brought him here because he knows that I am the best doctor in the city; stop talking about what you haven't known about," she said, smirking.

"I don't care if you are the best doctor in the whole universe; you're still the pervert judgmental person that I knew," I said.

Hearing my words made her face sad. I know what I said was too harsh, but I just did what she did to me on my awards night.

I saw her smirk as she looked at my lips.

"Why is it that when I hear you call me a pervert, I don't feel anger, but I feel thrilled? I like it, Rebecca; I like how you say it," she whispers to my ears.

I pushed her hard, but her hands were fast enough to grab mine, so the moment she fell, I was on top of her too. I was shocked looking at her face, inches from mine, while Xyzas smiled ear to ear. I try to stand up, but she stops me, and she hugs me tight.

"Please let me hug you for a while. I just want to dream of that you're Tricia and not Rebecca," she said, but her voice was sad now.

I looked at her chocolate eyes, and I saw how lonely this woman is; she was longing for someone who wouldn't come back. She stroked my hair gently as she kissed my head.

At this moment, I feel pity for her. Everyone admires her because they think she is a strong, self-reliant woman. What they don't know is that she is hurting inside and needs healing. This woman is not different from Freen when I first met her. I looked at her without saying a word, but this time Xyza's eyes were closed as she continued to stroke my hair.

"I'm so sorry if I wasn't able to save you, babe. God knows how I regretted those times, and up to now, my conscience is killing me. Please help me to get out of the prison that I built for myself. I'm tired of being so messed up. I wanted to start a new life, but how? Please tell me how." I heard her whisper while she was still stroking my hair with her eyes closed.

I let out a heavy sigh.

"I think you need someone to help you get out of that prison you built for yourself; I've been there, and Freen helped me get out of the trap I set for myself too. I'm sorry about what happened to your girlfriend, "I said.

She was about to speak when the door suddenly opened.

"Xyza, did you get my message? Oh my God!" said the woman as she covered her mouth when she saw us on the floor.

Xyza gently pushed me, and she looked at the woman. My heart beat faster because it was Zia, and she smiled at me like she had won the lottery.

"Becka! Oh, Maybe I will come back later," she said.

" Look, it's not what you think it is. I accidentally grabbed her hand when I fell," Xyza explained.

Zia laughs, looking at us.

"I didn't say anything; why are you so defensive?" she asks Xyza.

"I don't want you to misunderstand what you just saw," she replied.

But Zia was just looking at us and smiling like crazy, and at this moment I was scared because I was afraid that this bitch would tell Freen about what she just saw. I looked at Xyza, and right now her face was full of regrets as she looked at me.

"I'm sorry, Rebecca," she said.

I don't know why she asks for an apology, but I understand two meanings of it. One is that she's sorry for what happened, and the second is that she's sorry for what might have happened. And thinking about what might happen when Freen finds out made me scared to death. I know that Freen already warned Xyza. God, what should I do now? Of all the people who could've seen us in that position, why does it have to be Zia? I ask myself.

DO NOT COPY AND PASTE.
PLAGIARISM IS A CRIME.