Chapter 7 Teaser

"Mom? You can trust me, okay? I'm your daughter, so why would I betray you?" I said.

"I know I can trust you; that's why I ask you if you know someone who can help me walk again," she said.

At this moment, I think of nothing but Xyza. I know she can help me, but I don't know how to approach her after what happened between us.

"Freen, Zia's sister was a doctor, right? "Mom said.

I nodded my head.

"Yes! Do you want to try her service?" I ask Mom.

"Can we trust her? "she asks me again.

I looked at my mother intently.

"Is there something you want to tell me, Mom? I sensed that you were hiding something from me," I said.

"Find me a good doctor. Someone whom we can trust. I had a bad feeling about my medicine and my doctors, Freen, she said.

"Okay, do you want us to leave now?" I ask her.

"Yes! And please don't let anybody knows about this, not even your father," she said.

I went to Xyza's clinic. Aside from working at the hospital, Xyza has her clinic too. I'm lucky now if she's here because if she's not inside, I have no choice but to take Mommy to the hospital.

I turned off the engine after I parked, and then I looked at Mom.

"Can I leave you for a moment, Mom? I'll just check inside if the doctor is in, I said to Mommy.

She just smiled at me and nodded her head.

I went outside and walked straight to the clinic. I knocked on the door before I opened it, and I saw Xyza's face focused on the paper. She lifted her head and smirked when she saw me.

"Oh, what brings you here?" she asks, but this time her eyes were focused on the paper again.

"I need to swallow my pride now. I need your help, I said without hesitation.

Hearing my words made her look up at me.

"Do I hear it right? Freen needs my help?" she said in a sarcastic tone.

"Stop being bitchy while I still have patience. I want you to check on my mother's condition," I said.

Her face was serious when she looked at me.

"I will help you, but I need to tell you something," she said.

I took a deep breath and looked at her.

"What is it?" I ask.

"I accidentally grabbed Rebecca's hand, making her fall on top of me, and this scene was seen by my sister Zia. I just want to tell you in advance in case Zia will tell you about what she saw," she said.

"Rebecca fell on top of you? Why are you the one telling me this and not Rebecca?" I ask her.

DO NOT COPY AND PASTE.
PLAGIARISM IS A CRIME.