Chapter 13 Teaser

I saw Freen sitting on the couch as she focused her attention on the book she was reading. I looked at her from afar while thinking about what was so special about this woman that made Rebecca crazy in love with her. She's a short-tempered person; she speaks directly without thinking if her words would hurt someone, and she's hard to understand. Her mood swings change every second. I shook my head as I thought about the qualities Freen had. Rebecca must be blinded by her feelings towards this woman. I said to myself.

While I was staring at Freen, I didn't know that my assistant, Ruby, was looking at me too.

"Doc, what can you say about Miss Freen? You've been looking at her for a long time, Ruby said.

I smiled, looking at her.

"If you have to choose between me and Freen, who will you choose?" I asked her.

She smiled shyly as she distanced herself from me.

"I will choose Miss Freen," she said, smiling.

I gave her a death stare.

Why did you choose Freen and not me? I am your boss, I said, looking at her.

"Doc, you're not serious, and you flirt with everyone, unlike Miss Freen, who's so cool and serious all the time. Miss Armstrong is so lucky to be loved by her," Ruby said.

"You're a traitor, Bie; you could've pretended to choose me, but you didn't, and you even told me that I flirt with everyone; I only flirt with Rebecca," I said.

"Doc, you also flirted with those volleyball players and last time you flirted with all of them remember? ," Ruby said.

"I'm just asking to take photos with them, Bie," I said.

Ruby's smiles reached for her ears as she followed Freen. I grabbed her hand, and she looked at me full of wonder.

"Is there something you need, Doc?" Ruby asked loudly, which made Freen turn to us, and her eyes landed on my hands that were holding Bie's hand.

Freen smirked when she saw this.

"We're not lovers; she's my secretary, and I am her boss," I said.

Freen laughs softly.

"It's a perfect match if I'm a writer and I am going to write a story about you and your secretary, the title would be "Perfect Chemistry," because that is what I see when I look at you two," Freen said.

"Stop it, Freen; she's not my type," I said as I rolled my eyes, looking at Ruby.

"Xyza, how rude of you; no wonder you don't have a girlfriend because you don't know how to respect a woman," Freen said.

"Look at you now; you're looking at my girlfriend with a smile on your face. Doc, remember she's mine, so don't give her that kind of look, Freen said.

Rebecca looked at us as she wiped her sweat.

"What's wrong with you two, Hon? I told you don't listen to whatever she said," Rebecca said to Freen.

"I smiled, yes! But it doesn't mean that I laugh at you, Doc; I laugh because of Miss Armstrong," Ruby said.

"Don't reason out, I caught you laughing at me," I said.

Freen looked at us and smiled.

"I won't be surprised if one day I find out that you two become lovers. I can see now how perfect you are as a couple," Freen said.

"You're a shipper now, Freen? Of all the people you would ship with me, you chose this woman? You just don't know how irritating this woman is, I said.

"Oh, Doc, I do believe in a saying that the more you hate someone, the deeper you love that person. Ruby is beautiful inside-out doctor,"  Rebecca said.

At this moment, Mrs Sarocha came in, and she walked slowly towards us.

"Why are you just standing there? Are the cookies not good? She asks.

"It tastes good, Mom; we were just teasing Xyza with Ruby," Freen said, smiling.

Mrs Sarocha just smiles at us as she sits in the chair next to Freen.

"I just hope that you're not thinking of ruining our relationship now because I know exactly what kind of smile you're wearing right now," said Freen, but at this moment I can see how dangerous she is; her eyes are burning, and I can see the demons that lay there who waits to be awakened by his master.