Chapter 16 Teaser

I wiped my tears when I saw Rebecca walking in my direction with a cell phone in her ear. I know she doesn't recognize my car, so I just stayed inside and watched her slowly come closer. Her smile was genuine, and I could see that her happiness comes from her heart. When we were together, I never saw her smile as she does now, and it hurts me when I think that only Freen can make her smile genuinely, that only Freen can stand up and defend her when someone is trying to defame or drag her name into the mess.

Rebecca's laughs echoed inside my head, and I couldn't take this anymore. I couldn't take it to only watch her; I missed hugging her. I slowly opened the car door, surprising Rebecca. I hugged her without saying a word; I hugged her tight, and I didn't want to let her go of my hug, but she pushed me gently, which made me let go of her.

She looks at me in the eyes.

"What are you doing?" she asks me in a gentle voice.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, Rebecca," was all I said, and I got back inside my car, leaving her full of wonder on her face. I locked the door as I cried inside.

Not long after I saw Rebecca knock on my car door, I just looked at her inside my car as my tears continued to fall. I don't know how to face her after what my father did to her life. Maybe now is the time that I should let her go; maybe Freen was the right person for her, but I need her in my life. I want to make up for all my shortfalls in her, but how can I do that now? She's with someone willing to give her the universe; I am nothing compared to Freen when it comes to taking care of Rebecca. I am so devastated and feeling down at this moment. I could've been in this situation if I had been brave enough to disobey my father back then, but I am weak and a coward, so I have to accept the result of my stupidity.

I felt so much pain today, and I feel like my chest is going to explode. I love Tricia very much, but the love I felt for her was not strong enough to stand up and fight for her against my father. Now that she has found someone willing to do everything, I'm having a hard time letting her go. I feel it even more painful than before when I thought that she was gone. I should be happy because she is alive, but I can't be happy, especially with what I know. I feel even more guilty because my father himself was the reason why I lost her forever.

DO NOT COPY AND PASTE.
PLAGIARISM IS A CRIME.