she's sick with a stomach bug at school (requested)

You tried to concentrate on what the teacher was saying as you sat in your seat near the front of the class.

But it was hard to stay focused when Taylor, your girlfriend, was sitting in the seat beside you and she wasn't looking like she was feeling all that well.

You tried to look at your papers on your desk only to glance at Taylor once more.

She had her hand resting on her forehead as beads of sweat ran down her skin.

She tried to stay quiet but you occasionally heard a whimper fall from her lips.

She looked pale and she looked to be feeling pretty unwell.

"Taylor? Are you okay?" You whispered.

"Y/N," Your teacher spoke. "Focus and stay quiet, please."

You let out a sigh of annoyance and rolled your eyes, hating that he was on your case when you were only trying to check on your girlfriend.

Taylor reached over and tapped your arm to catch her attention.

She shook her head, wordlessly responding to your question.

Your heart sank and you began to feel nervous.

"Are you sick?" You whispered.

At this point, you didn't care about the consequences of talking.

You were genuinely concerned about Taylor and you weren't going to stop just because you might get lectured for talking in class.

Taylor parted her lips to respond but she instead got up and ran out of the classroom, causing a bunch of heads to turn.

"Was that Taylor? Where is she going?" The teacher asked.

Instead of replying, you stood up and hurried out of the class behind her because you knew exactly where she was headed.

You went into the bathroom and saw that only one of the stall doors was closed.

You heard vomiting and your heart dropped because you knew that it was Taylor.

"Tay? Baby, can I come in?"

"Yes." She mumbled as she managed to stop puking for a second, finally able to catch her breath for a moment.

You went into the stall and locked the door behind you before kneeling behind her.

There wasn't much space but you didn't care.

You were going to take care of her, no matter what.

"I think I have a stomach bug." She whimpered as you brushed your hand across her shoulder. "I feel awful."

"I'm sorry, baby." You spoke. "I know you don't feel good. I wish I could make it all better."

She couldn't say a word.

Instead, she threw up in the toilet once again.

You gently grabbed her long, blonde, curly hair in your hands and held it back for her as she got sick.

"Let it all out, my love. It's okay." You said. "Just get it all out."

She vomited for a long few minutes and sweat rolled down her skin, dampening her clothes.

"I know it's terrible but you're going to be okay, I promise. Just get it all out. I'm here with you, Tay,"

It felt like forever before she finished when, in reality, it was just a long and exhausting few minutes.

When she finished, she leaned her head back against your shoulder with a long and heavy sigh.

"Being sick is the worst." She groaned.

"I know." You said as you flushed the toilet. "Come on, baby. Let's go to the office and have them call your mom, okay?"

You helped her stand up and you both washed your hands in the sink before you walked to the office with her.

Her mom was called and she showed up just a few minutes later.

"Come with me?" Taylor asked. "I know that school is still going on but... please." She pleaded.

But she didn't have to, because you planned on going back to her house with her anyway.

You took a minute to grab your things as well as hers before meeting her and Andrea in the car.

You sat in the backseat with Taylor, letting her lay her head on your shoulder and sleep a little of the ride home.

When the car pulled into the driveway, you all got out and you went to her room.

"I'll get you both something to drink," Andrea said with a smile.

"Thank you." You said as you got under the covers with Taylor.

She curled up to you and you gently brushed your fingers through her hair, wrapping the curly strands around the tip of your index finger.

"Can I sleep with my head on your chest?" She asked.

"You don't even have to ask, baby. You know you can."

She smiled tiredly as she placed her head on your chest.

"Are you cold or hot at all? Do you need anything?"

"No, I'm okay. I've got all I need with you right here with me."

You smiled and kissed her head as she started to fall asleep.

"Maybe I'll write a song about this." She mumbled. "About you and how amazing you are."

"Yeah?" You asked as your eyes sparkled.

"Thanks for being here for me."

"Always, Taylor." You said as she began to fall asleep. "I'll always be here for you, for the rest of our lives."

And she smiled as she fell into a warm slumber, knowing that you were exactly right.