don't let me go (requested)

The sound of someone knocking on the front door caught Andrea's attention.

She quickly hurried over to the door and opened it up to see that you were standing there.

"Oh, Y/N, honey!" She said as her motherly instincts kicked in.

It was pouring rain outside and you were soaked from it.

"Come in!"

You stepped inside as she grabbed a blanket from off of the sofa.

"Taylor!" She called out and you instantly heard your girlfriend's footsteps on the stairs. "What were you doing out in the pouring rain?"

You were soaked and shivering and Andrea was trying to make sure you warmed up and dried off as she tightly wrapped the blanket around your shoulders.

Taylor reached the last step and a look of sadness appeared on her face when she saw you.

Not because she was unhappy to see you; no, that could never happen.

But rather because she had a feeling that she knew already what was wrong.

On top of being cold and wet from the pouring rain, you were crying.

She could see the tears in your eyes and it broke her heart to see.

"What happened, baby?" She asked as she came over to you.

And despite you still being pretty wet, she put her arms around you to give you the biggest and warmest hug.

"Honey, why were you out there in the pouring rain? You're soaked. did you walk through it?" Andrea frowned.

And you just nodded your head as Taylor pulled away from you.

"Why?" She asked worriedly.

"I know why," Taylor spoke. "They're fighting again, right?"

Only Taylor knows how bad your home life is.

You don't have the best relationship with your parents and all they do is argue.

Tonight is got so bad that despite the pouring rain, you ran over here.

Taylor was the only one you trusted and wanted to be with.

"I snuck out my window. I just couldn't take anymore." You sniffled. "I'm convinced they hate each other at this point. All they do is argue."

"I'm going to go make you a warm drink," Andrea said before giving your shoulder a little squeeze.

She left the room, giving you and Taylor some space.

"Come here, baby." Taylor softly spoke as she sat down and then pulled you onto her lap. "It's okay."

Things felt so far from being okay most of the time.

But, somehow, with Taylor, they do feel okay.

Because you know you're safe with her and you know she loves and cares about you.

"I just couldn't take it."

"I understand." She said. "I know it's hard on you. I'm so sorry you have to go through all of that."

She rubbed your back and kissed your head softly.

"Taylor?"

"Yeah, baby?"

"We're never going to be like that, right? At each other's throats all the time and hating each other."

"Not ever." She promised. "I know we don't know what the future holds but I know that I love you and that will never change. I'm always going to be here for you."

You closed your eyes as she lovingly kissed your forehead.

"Here you go, girls," Andrea said as she brought two mugs of hot chocolate into the room.

"Thank you so much." You told her. "For everything. You treat me better than my own mom."

Andrea gave Taylor a sad look and Taylor just nodded, confirming your words.

"It's no problem at all. You're a great girl and you will always have a safe place here. You're loved here." Andrea promised.

"Thank you." You said as you put your head on Taylor's shoulder, sipping on your drink.

"Taylor, why don't you take her up to your room? Let her wear one of your shirts and get some rest." Andrea spoke. "You're staying here tonight. Or for as long as you need to."

Taylor stood up with you and you gave Andrea a big hug before following Taylor up the stairs, your hand wrapped in hers.

"Here, my love. Wear this." Taylor said as she handed you one of her shirts.

It was dry and soft and it smelled just like her; it was everything you needed.

After you got changed into one of her shirts, she put your damp clothes in her laundry basket and then curled up on her bed with you.

"Don't let me go." You whispered as you wrapped your fingers around hers again.

"I'll never let you go. I promise." She said as she held you right, prepared to do whatever she had to to make you feel better.