letting her drive your pickup truck (requested)

Taylor hurried outside upon hearing you pull up to her house.

About ten minutes ago, you called her to tell her that you had a surprise for her that you couldn't wait to show her and she's been waiting for you to pull up ever since.

However, she was surprised to see that you were driving something much different from your usual car.

Today, you were driving a pickup truck.

"Baby, whose truck is this?" She asked and ran to you as you got out of the truck.

"Mine, darlin'," You smiled proudly. "That car I had was just not cutting it anymore. It kept breaking down and the problems were so expensive to fix, I just couldn't do it. Believe it or not, it was cheaper to put the money I've saved up from working over the last year or so towards getting a new vehicle."

"Oh, baby, I'm sorry. I know you liked that car since your parents helped you get it once you started driving."

"Yeah, it was nice. But they agreed that it was too much to repair and if it was constantly having problems, getting something new was a better option. Besides, now I can drive my girlfriend around in my pickup truck."

"I like the sound of that." She smiled before kissing your lips.

You waved the keys in front of her face as you pulled away and sent her a smirk as her eyes lit up.

"What do you say you drive the truck?"

"You're serious, baby? You're letting me drive the truck!?"

"Proudly. Only you and I will get to drive this around. What do you say, baby? Want to go for a spin?"

"Yes!" She excitedly said before throwing her arms around you for a big hug.

"You girls have fun and be careful!" Andrea grinned.

"We will!" You replied before getting into the passenger seat.

Taylor got into the driver's seat and excitedly started the car before you turned the radio up as she pulled out of the driveway.

"Behind my visor is a picture of us, by the way." You said as she stopped the car to look.

She pulled it down and a picture of you both fell onto her lap.

"I love it." She smiled before putting it back and closing the visor.

"I love your truck, baby. It's so fun!"

"I know, I love it too. I think it's the best thing I've ever bought." You grinned proudly. "I'm glad you like it. You can drive it whenever you want."

She leaned over and kissed your cheek before she continued to drive around.

You shared laughs, kisses at red lights and stop signs, a little food from a nearby restaurant that you both loved, and sang along to the songs that came on the radio.

About an hour later, Taylor pulled into a parking lot and put the car in park.

"That was so fun!" She smiled. "But I want to see you drive now."

"Well, it's a beautiful day. Might as well show off my truck and my girl." You winked before kissing her once more and getting out to trade seats.

You began to drive around as Taylor put her feet up and enjoyed the sight of you driving as the wind blew her long curly blonde hair around and the radio blasted songs you both love to sing along to.

You drove around for a while before you stopped at a park and turned the truck off.

"What are we doing?"

"Well, I don't know about you but I'm going to enjoy watching the sunset in my truck with my girl."

She smiled brightly before scooting closer to you and putting her head on your shoulder.

"This is everything I could ever want." She whispered.

"Me too, baby. Me too." You said and turned your head to kiss hers softly before you both watched the sunset.

"Do you want to drive home when we head out?" You asked her and turned your head again just in time to see her eyes sparkle with excitement.

"Happily." She said. "Thanks for trusting me with your new truck."

"I trust you with my entire heart, Taylor," You smiled. "A truck isn't much of anything in comparison to that."

"Well, maybe not to you, but it's an honor for me." She giggled. "Thank you."

"Anytime." You happily replied. "I think we're going to have lots of adventures in this truck."

"Me too, baby. And I look forward to each and every one of them."