heartbreaks and sleepovers - part two (requested)

The next morning, when you awoke, you found that Taylor wasn't curled up in her bed with you like she'd been all night before.

You swung your legs over the bed and got up before heading down to the kitchen.

"Look who's awake." Taylor smiled as you stepped into the room.

"Hey." You said. "Did you get some good sleep?"

"I did." She spoke before biting her lip. "I'm feeling much better now. How about you? Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah, very." You replied before looking around. "Where is everyone?"

"Oh, my parents and brother went out for a while. They'll be back later." She said. "I made breakfast for us."

"You did?" You asked with bright eyes. "Oh, wow. Thank you."

"You're welcome." She smiled before sitting down at the table with you, sliding your plate carefully to you.

"It looks amazing. Thanks."

"Anytime." She replied before putting a bite into her mouth. "So, what time did you get to sleep?"

"I don't even remember." You said.

"Oh." She spoke as she watched you eat. "Can I ask you something?"

"Of course. Anything."

"I'm happy to hear you say that. Did you mean what you said last night before falling asleep?"

You nearly choked on the food in your mouth as the question left her lips.

"What are you talking about?" You nervously questioned.

"I heard you, Y/N. I heard everything." She whispered. "I just want to know if you mean it."

You stared at the food on your plate nervously until you felt her hand touch yours.

Looking up, your eyes met her soft and curious blue ones.

"Please. Please tell me the truth."

You still felt nervous as you nodded your head but the squeeze of her hand in yours helped calm you a little.

"I do. I mean it. You mean a lot to me, Taylor. Not as a friend but as something more."

"Why didn't you say anything sooner?" She wondered.

"I was afraid to. I only said it last night because I thought you were asleep and I guess having you in my arms made me emotional. I really like you."

She stood up before coming to your side and sitting on the chair beside yours.

Sending you the softest and sweetest smile you've ever seen, she brought your hand to her lips for a kiss.

"I really like you too. I haven't said anything until now for the same reason. But I do." She said as she brushed a lock of hair behind your ear. "Maybe, I feel something stronger than just like. I think I'm in love with you."

"I'm in love with you too." You whispered and she leaned in to steal a kiss from your lips; the first of many that you'd share.

When you pulled away a moment later, she set her forehead against yours and you both smiled from ear to ear.

There was no need to ask what you were now because it was obvious; you were in love, a feeling so incredible and beautiful that you hoped would never fade away.