heart to heart

Taking a moment to collect himself before he placed placed his hand on the knob to open the wood of the door.

Shadow cracked it a bit peering his head to reveal Sonic standing in front of him.

His hands in his jacket pockets keeping him limbs close to his body.

"Hey.."

Kind of stunned in that moment Shadow didn't know what to do, he thought for sure sonic wouldn't want to even look at him for a few weeks.

But here the hedgehog stood at his doorway only hours later.

Shadow had many mixed emotions prior as is was, he kept the door cracked but but no longer peering his head.

He now thudded his forehead into the wood, facing Sonic threw the door.

"Why are you here..?"

Disapointment in his voice as Shadow couldn't barley stand to look at him right now after such previous events.

"I.. I just wanted to maybe make things right before it was too late.."

It's a little soon for this isn't it?

"Look...ughh, shadow I'm sorry to show up like this but I don't need us to constantly avoid eachother on campus when we cross paths cause of this."

"I thought it would be at least be a week before you even looked at me again, you're the one who got mad at me remeber?"

"Well I don't need us to hate eachother cause of something so stupid, and your right I do feel horrible for how I handled the situation."

...

"Shadow.. I fucked up... I'm really sorry."

Shadow opened the door revealing himself in front of the other hedgehog.

"Come inside you'll catch a cold."

Sonics ears perked as he was given permission to come in.

He walked threw the door looking around with his vision focused on the floor.

"Take a seat on the couch I'll be there in a minute."

Sonic obeyed his words, he sat very carefully down on the furniture not very comfortable leaving the position of his thumbs twiddling over his knees.

"Would you like some tea?"

"Yeah.. sure."

Sonic was surprised after all this, Shadow still showed him kindness and hospitality in his own home.

Shadow took the two mugs out of the microwave and set them onto the counter.

He shook two teabags from the box and plopped them in, carrying the two over to the couch.

"Here, it's hot."

"Thank you.."

Sonic took the mug from shadows extended hand, holding it in both hands on his lap feeling the warmth from the cup as he waited for it to cool.

Shadow sat on the far side of the couch from him, his couch comfortably sat three, leaving some room between them.

He sipped the chamomile slowly as he eyed sonic, he could feel the akward tension a mile away.

"I'm uh.. I wanted to come over and say I'm sorry for the way I acted towards you back there.."

"Mhm?"
"Is that all?"

Shadow acting a little salty towards him still.

"Look I don't really talk about my emotions this isn't the easiest for me okay."

Shadows ears fell back as he knew this was true, he decided to just let his take his time with his words.

"Okay here we go.. I just felt kind of humiliated after the walk in you know."

Shadow sipped his tea, his eyes fixated on sonic.

The red irises staring him down didn't help sonic getting the words across.

"Humiliated to be seen with me or?"

"No! No, I really did enjoy tonight after everything I said I really did... I guess just having somone catch me in such an intimate moment made me upset and that's why I took it out on you.."

Shadow lowered his tea to his lap.

"I also really enjoyed tonight, I thought it was very nice and it seemed like it was very mutual up until the last couple moments.
You're right you shouldn't of taken it out on me but I'm happy you acknowledge that."

"Maybe it's also cause I'm not out yet.. just having someone find me in that position other than the person I'm with was scary for me I just don't want them to out me to the world yet."

"Are you.. ashamed of it if we had something more than just sex?"