totally not a date

( Hi I'm alive I'm finally feeling motivated to work on this again!!

Sorry for the long wait, I'm not promising a regular schedule but I had begun writing the next part to this one.

Thank you for your patience, love, and support always, enjoy :) )
.

.

.

.

.

.

.

The boys had finished an hour or two of their game.

All this competition worked up an appetite for the both of them.

"Fuck, I'm so hungry after that man."

Said the blue hedgehog with eagerness in his voice.

"How bout 1 more lap and winner gets to decide where to eat?"

"Oh hell yeah I'm down"

The two raced their hearts out on the track, it didn't take long for sonic to cross the finish line of course.

"Wooooo!! We eating at applebees!!"

Sonic exclaimed loudly.

Shadow laughed at his excitement, admiring how nice it was to see him so happy.

"Alright let's go then, Bud. I'm down for applebees!"

The two got up from their seated positions to make their was outside.

"It's kinda a far walk. You wanna take the cycle?"

"Oh uh yeah for sure!"

Shadow handed him an extra helmet before walking over to the bike to put on his.

Sonic sat behind shadow having to have their bodies close for saftey.

Sonic felt a little nervous having to practically spoon shadows body.

He gripped the sides of the seat as he didn't want to wrap his arms around him to ensure "straightness"

"Y'know it might be kinda bumpy, you can hold onto me if you need."

Shadow said kindly, wanting to ensure Sonic's safety.

"Nah I'm okay like this!"

"Uh-huh okayy~"

The engine started up with a roar and took off quicker than expected.
Sonic quickly changed his grip to hug Shadow from behind, one arm wrapped over his stomach and the other across his chest like a seatbelt.

Shadow thought it was cute how fast sonic switched up his choices, he got a little flushed under his helmet as he knew not on purpose but sonic was gripping Shadow's pec.

Sonic aware of his hand placement didn't care as he was too afraid to move an inch in fear of falling.

The two arrive at the restaurant in one piece.

Sonic released his grip from the other hedgehog rather late even after the engine was off.

"Hey bud, it's okay we're here"

Shadow smiled as he took off his own helmet placing between the handlebars.

"Oh my bad man..!"

Sonic retracted his grip from shadows body as the two got off the bike to make their way inside.

The blue hedgehog felt a little embarrassed in his face, not meaning to hug Shadow for so long after already being parked

Inside the building sonic had forgotten that applebees had more of a romantic setting than he had last remembered.

Everyone was in casual attire but somehow the establishment still carried a sense of intimacy.

Sonic didn't have any intention on this being a date, especially not the way he dressed to go out.

The two were seated to order their meals and decided to share the shark bowl drink together.

They both wanted to try it but didn't wanna order two in case it ended up sucking.

The drink came out with 2 straws in it, but the two boys had never mentioned to their waiter that they were going to share it.

They chuckled it off both being jokingly flirtatious with eachother as they sipped it together.

The night was going great, him and Shadow managed to keep active conversation the whole meal.

Laughs and giggles filled their time there as they shared embarrassing moments as friends do but this time felt different it felt as if they were becoming one with each word shared.

They started to suspect the staff wanted them to be a couple because yet again they put two spoons on one order of dessert even though they had ordered two of them.

Again they laughed it off, throwing in more alluring jokes at one another.

Even going as far as to feeding a bite to eachother just to be stupid.

The two giggly hedgehogs finished their meals as Shadow picked up the bill.

"Woah dude I can pay"

"Uhm absolutely not, you won the game and got to choose the restaurant that means I pay"

"Bro we literally never agreed to that, at least lemme split it with you"

"No it's my treat, you won fair and square"

Sonic crossed his arms and gave an annoyed sigh.

"Hhhhhh.. fine! But I owe you"

"Oh I'm sure we can find a way later"

Shadow smirked at him still carrying on with the flirty energy from before.

Sonic dropped his ears as he watched Shadow stand up after leaving the money on the table.

*What does that mean?*

The blue hedgehog thought to himself.

*I can't even tell if he's flirting with me as a joke or not, he's always got that 'fuck me' look in his eyes*

On the bike again sonic held Shadow tight on the way home

He felt weightless fitting himself to his body as this was an excuse getting to squeeze the muscles Shadow had closer to him

They arrived at Sonic's place

Sonic a little disappointed he was being dropped off at his own house he didn't want the night to end yet.

Shadow got off the bike to walk him to the door.

"Hey.. you okay?"

Shadow noticed sonic had a puzzled expression written on his face.

"Huh? Oh yeah I'm fine"

They arrived at the door and took a longer pause than they had intended.

"Well.. thank you for the night out.. I had a lot of fun"

The smile on sonics face didn't last very long as he finished his sentence and broke eye contact.

Before he got the chance to turn towards the door he felt the back of his arm being touched.

"Sonic.. tell me what's wrong"

Shadow brushed his hands from sonics forearms to clutch his hands in his own.

Sonic felt his face get hot, he couldn't tell if he was going to laugh it off cause it made him blush or straight up cry if he shared his true feelings with him.

He looked up at him with glossy eyes as their faces were now close.

"Shadow.."

"..Yeah?"

"Can you come inside..?"