The hang out

Shadow took a small moment to fluff out his spikes before opening the door.

There stood Sonic in the doorway.

A white loose fitting t shirt hung long over his baggy red and white basketball shorts, covering any sign of his fit figure.

Meanwhile, Shadow had on a fitted graphic tee with hearts and angel wings, a really flashy pair of jeans with embroidered crosses on the pockets, tied together with a white bedazzled belt to separate such dark tones to his outfit.

Both stared at eachothers attire feeling embarrassment at themselves, as one was underdressed and the other was over.

*Shit he looks so fine and done up and I look like fucking Adam Sandler*

*Shit I knew I went overboard with my outfit, I should've also dressed like sexy Adam Sandler*

"Uhhh hey man... what's goin on..?"

Sonic let an awkward laugh slip as he hesitated on a hug, switching to a handshake and then finally deciding to land a playful punch into his shoulder.

Cringing at himself as he walked past shadow into the home

*God I want to end my life* He thought very hard.

"Uh. Hey I got the Playstation set up for you, if like that's what you wanted to do I mean.."

Shadow fumbled his words as he shut the door to his home.

"Yeah man that's exactly what I wanted to do"

Sonic replied rather quick to make the previous moment pass.

"Great! Pick out a game I'll get us some drinks."

Digging through a crate stacked full of various console games to choose Sonic finally settled on one and popped it in as he plopped a seat in front of the TV.

Coming back from the kitchen Shadow kneeled down to sit criss-cross next to sonic, placing a mountain dew next to him as he cracked open a cherry coke for himself.

"Oh sick, you never have mountain dew!"

Sonic opened the can and instantly took a swig.

"What's the occasion Shads?"

"Can a guy not have multiple drinks in his fridge?"

Shadow chuckled sipping his drink as the game loaded.

"Yeah, but you hate mountain dew it's literally like your least favorite."

"Well last time we hung out all you kept blabbing about was how bad you wanted one so I got some for next time you came over.. sooo I guess you can say the occasion is you."

*Oh my god I'm cringe as fuck!*

Shadow held back his matched expression of his thoughts not knowing why he let that slip out.

Sonic looked away from Shadow to hide his flushed face, he sipped his drink to give his cheeks time to cool down.

*Is he flirting with me on purpose??*

"That's.. really sweet of you to do that man, you didn't have to do all that."

"Don't even mention it I just wanted to have something you'd enjoy here."

Sonic smiled as his chest felt heavy, the littlest things shadow did for him he really did appreciate a lot.

"Well I guess you got me all figured then."

He laughed, struggling to make direct eye contact.

"Oh please, I know you well enough to know you put in a racing game before the title screen even came on."

The game loaded revealing a title screen featuring drifting cars.

The blue hedgehog smirked and let out a giggle.

"Well I can change it if you want."

"Hell no, I dont care what we play. All I know is you love racing games and I love to kick your ass at them."

Snarkily replied Shadow with a competitive grin on his face.

"Oh it's fuckin on."

Flutters in his chest turn to excitement as Sonic matched shadows energy, they chose their cars and began racing laps around eachother.

They were finally in the comfort of eachothers company like before.

Laughs and annoyed groans were shared, letting the need to win drive them to the finish line.

No more tension filled the room as they felt like their complete selves hanging out together once more.

As "friends."