Chapter 4- Art the lasts forever

-Kakashi's Prov -

I was wrong, so very wrong. I left for 5 minutes and I come back to the house looking like a hurricane came through it and Naruto crying What. The. Fuck. I sigh and walk over to him, nudging his knee with my foot "Oi. What happened?" I demand, not enjoying the idea of cleaning up this mess, Naruto sniffs and looks up at me, his lip wobbling and crocodile tears cascading down his cheeks like rivers "Daddy left me...daddy left me..." I sighed and made my way over to him, scooping him up and balancing him on my hip as I lightly bounced him. 

"Naruto, Daddy has to use the restroom sometimes and freshen up, I promise I'm not leaving you" I told him brushing his hair from his eyes and pecking his forehead, to be honest I had to think of what to do and not to do with Naruto in my care and needed the silence for a bit. Naruto sniffed and sloppily wiped away his tears, peeking up at me through his lashes "Pinky swear?" He asked holding out his small pinky, trying not to laugh proved difficult but I managed and wrapped my larger pinky around his and shook them together "I pinky swear." I told him. Naruto giggled and wrapped his arms around my neck, planting a kiss on my cheek and squealing happily when I spun us in light circles, careful not to drop him or make him sick. I put Naruto on the couch and began to clean when I heard a soft snore, looking over I saw Naruto laying on the couch, facing away from me and arm hanging off the edge, fingers and feet twitching gently every few minutes. 

Picking him up again, I placed him on our bed and tucked him in, kissing his forehead and ruffling his hair lightly. To think this gleeful little tot turns into the loud mouth troublemaker I know is truly astounding but I suppose people do change when their forced to grow up. I stared a moment longer before exiting, leaving the nightlight on just in case he slept through the day and closed the door. Cleaning the place up and grabbing a few forgotten groceries while I had the free time made the day go by in a flash, before I knew it Naruto was trotting up to me with a huge grin etched into his face and hands on his hips as he stood proudly before me "Daddy! I drew us!" He giggled and pointed down the hall. Naruto grabbed my hand and tugged me down the hallway, telling me how good his artwork is and how he worked so hard while I was working, I felt a soft smile find its way to my face, even making it to my eyes. 

"Where?" I asked him looking around for a paper "There!" he shouted running and pointed to a small blue, red, green, and yellow drawing on the wall, just below the window, the crayons laying on the floor, the blue one broken as if he got either too frustrated or anxious to show me. "Oh. Naruto why is it on the wall?" I asked, trying my best not to show him how upset I was, I know he worked hard and he's so happy to show me, I cant tear that down...that's something my father would do. Naruto looked down, placing his hands behind his back and kicking the air gently "I-I wanted daddy to be able to allllllways see it" Naruto told me, blushing. I smiled and scooped him into my arms, giving him a playful eskimo kiss like normal parents do 

"Thank you Naruto, I love it" I told him. I will admit that Im beginning to like this little tot being around, and that Im enjoying being his parent till he's back to..normal. I knew eventually this will come to a stop and I cant do this anymore but until then I have to just enjoy what I've got. 

"I love you Daddy."

"I love you too Naruto."