Chapter 8 - Lets Get Outta Here

I pulled away from Kurenai to attend to the fiddling toddler at my feet, his thumbs flicking the cloth of his small jacket between his fingers, hiding and unhiding his thumbs. I sighed and plucked Naruto off the ground gingerly and walked a little ways away, balancing the small blond on my hip "What's wrong?" "I don't want to be here...I don't like her or the kids" Naruto mumbled lowly Is he afraid of upsetting me? I thought Nah that's unlike Naruto I sighed and began walking "Alright, let's get out of here then" I told him as he clung to me so he didn't flail and fall backwards.

Once back at the apartment I settled down on couch, Naruto resting on my stomach, playing with the cloth on my vest, not really caring that it hardly moves under his small fingers. Naruto looked down at my hands and grasped one, pulling it up to my stomach and began to wiggle my fingers softly "What're you doing?" I asked "Thinking" he mumbled, observing the way my thumb bent at odd angles, a small trait I earned from my mother apparently, being able to touch my thumb to my wrist. Naruto tried for himself, frowning when his thumb strained to reach halfway "Nice" I commented, not wanting the tot to get whiney for the rest of the day. Naruto sighed "It's been a slow day, huh?" I asked thinking of how uneventful it's been "Yeah" He agreed, huffing like...well a child.

Picking the toddler up like a football and exited the house again, headed for Narutos favorite place.

Small update! Sorry :(