Chapter 11 - Mornings are Hell

-Kakashi's Prov-

Mornings are hell without a screaming toddler. You have to wake up, get the tea kettle started, get some form of clothing on, and actually prepare for a full 12 hour day.

Adding a screaming whiny snot-nosed toddler into the mix? Not my tea.

Naruto didn't want to wake up, he didn't like his clothes today and his hair was fine as is. Which happened to be a rats nest. Getting him to eat was a nightmare, the eggs are too bland, now they're too salty, my toast isn't good, I need more butter. Always a complaint. 

"Naruto, please, it's 7 AM. Eat your eggs and get dressed." I groaned, taking a long sip of my black tea. Naruto fussed and flung his scrambled eggs at me.

"No! I wanna go back to sleep!" He cried, trying to get out of his seat for the 5th time in 30 minutes. I sighed, giving up on making him eat and followed him to his small dresser. Watched him struggle with putting his clothes on since 'I'm a big boy!' and 'I can do it!!'.

I packed a lunch I thought he'd enjoy, PB&J sandwich, cheese and crackers, and apple juice.

As I waited by the front door, packed lunches in tow, Naruto finally came trotting out of the hallway, hair going every which way, shirt on backward with the tag scratching his neck, and sunglasses that are way too big for his small face. "Ready!" He cheered, as if the kitchen mess and his previous whining hadn't occurred. He pulled on his new small ninja shoes and grabbed my hand, smiling so wide I was nearly blinded.

Naruto's mornings are a handful, today's morning being no different.

Arriving at the hospital for Naruto's first checkup went surprisingly easier than expected, he didn't fuss, no pulling or complaining. He walked quietly next to me, gripping my hand and sucking on his fingers, taking in all the new faces and environment. "Daddy, where are we?" He asked, big blue eyes looking in wonder at the fish tank in the lobby.

"We're at a hospital. You're going to be getting a checkup to make sure everything is okay and you're developing correctly" I mumbled out, signing the sign in sheet and walking to the waiting room. 
"Devel....Deve....what?" Naruto looked very confused
"Development, it means how something is going, like how you're growing." I told him.

"OH! Like corn?" He asked, I just nodded and gave him a coloring book. I didn't feel up to arguing or explaining today, I've felt sick since last night. I can only hope its a 24-hour bug and I'm not getting sick.

"Naruto?"