Ch 14

No pov

Jordan and Udo both knew the little girl named Iris couldn't go back to Ulstead. She had no one to return to. No one that wanted a child around would be missed. So they took it upon themselves to take in an orphaned child.

Jordan will finally know what having a family is like. And what challenges of raising a family will be and what it takes to continue to nurture them in this ever changing world. With her mate by her side they might have a chance. 

In the early morning

Jordan found it rather concerning to find the same child from last night in Udo's arms. The poor thing was dirty and looked half starved. She had assumed one of the other Fae would take the small child. A lot of mothers seemed interested in adopting her. I guess when it comes too Udo he really does have a way with children, and apparently adults as well. Who would deny Udo to adopt the little one. After all they've been through, was it really going to happen? Were they ready to accept a child into their home?

I know I'm not her mother and I know I could never replace her. But I can try to make this work. I can be there for her. Is all that Jordan could think about as more thoughts piled into her head. The only thing that went through Udo's mind was he prayed his wife said yes they can keep her. Yes, she can stay. Yes, we're adopting her. Say something! He thought while placing the girl called Iris onto the hut ground.